brown coca cola bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
after checking everything i can find i still stay there were no amber hobble skirt coke bottles in production. every reference i have found say that the only ones would have had to be altered in some way. usually by irradiating them some how. hopefully a more knowledgable collector can help us with some more info.

capsoda

Reaction score
The one I saw Belongs to a friend. He Got it in 1981 from a mutial friend who left it to him after he passed away. The first time I saw it was in 1972. It is a 1915 Coke Cola bottle in clear red amber ,says Root on the heel and nothing on the bottom. He says was probably a sample sent to a bottler so it may not be a production bottle. I"ve seen it ,its amber and radiated bottles were not around in 1972. I have personnally seen sick coke bottles and fruit jars and they are easy enough to ID. I will try to get a picture if I can talk him in to it, he consideres it to nearly priceless, but I'll try.

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi the bottle you have is genuine, I believe I sold one just like it a while back for around $100-$150, I must have got lucky. The arrow cokes are harder to come by than just a regular amber straight sided. I mentioned in a post a while back about amber bottles and the "X" Bill Porter had mentioned to me one time that if a AMBER CONTOUR bottle had an X in a certain spot, it may be a experimental bottle. Reason being I dug a amber contour and knew that someone couldn't have radiated then threw it in this old garbage dump that belonged to Coke here in town. Still it's not a proven fact or if it is, I don't know about it yet. The x on your bottle is most likely a factory mold code or glass maker.
BARQS19

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles