Bummer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
I went digging for about 5 hours today with my digging buddy Gene. We hit three different dumps, and got almost nothing. I got one common, screw-cap poison worth about a buck and Gene found one decent little flask. That was it! We hit a huge 1920s-30s dairy dump on our last stop. There were literally 100+ local milk bottles, all embossed, many rare and all smashed to bits [:mad:] A few common junk bottles were in one piece, but not many.

Yesterday was a bit better. I scored a scarce Lewistown, PA Nu-Grape, a milk glass bird feeder and a couple of medicines and McKesson poisons. We're off to a new place next weekend, hopefully it will be better than today's bum digs. At least we got out and dug, but that's about it. Jim

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Eh, don't sweat it Jim. It happens to all of us and sometimes it happens to some quite frequently. [:(]

Jim

Reaction score
Hi Bryan, Yes, it happens...The first busted milk I saw today was a $400 Laughlin's Guernsey Milk (first one I ever saw). Made me want to [:(] and then [:'(]. But then I look at my collection and then think of all the goodies that are still out there to be found. It's all good [:)] Jim

madman

Reaction score
hey jim, we all get those slumps dont fret the jackpot is near!! mike

dirtflicker

Reaction score
gotta look for um to find them....just keep scouting and digging and eventually you will find um...I think it just adds more exploration to the fun.

DF

stormysouth

Reaction score
I hope you break outta y'all "Dump Slump" real quick. Hopefully your next one will be a mind blowin' pocket $ fillin' adventure.[:D]

Lisa

Jim

Reaction score
Hi Mike, DF and Lisa, Thanks for the good wishes. It's true, you never know until you try. Any time I find out about a dump, I'll at least take a look. From what I have heard, our digging destination for this coming weekend is a good one. I also know that it's not all busted up, so hopefully there will be some keepers. Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster