C.C. West ARION SALOON Flask, Embossed and LABELED, Charlotte, NC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jptech

Reaction score
hi all,
I'm getting somewhat frustrated on a flask I have up for sale on a current ebay auction. Surely some NC collector needs this flask for their collection !!!

Its a C.C. West ARION SALOON Flask, Embossed and LABELED, Charlotte, NC flask, see ebay item number 110816260070.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110816260070?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

photo below:

4C1A36E6385A416D9C44D4C8EC76E7AC.jpg

Attachments

• 4C1A36E6385A416D9C44D4C8EC76E7AC.jpg
    4C1A36E6385A416D9C44D4C8EC76E7AC.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 107

epackage

Reaction score
What are you basing that starting price on??
Jim

jptech

Reaction score
basically, what I've got into it and what other collectors have commented to me as to a reasonable opening price. Its a superb example.
By the way, I've noticed the hit rate climbing on this ebay item - thanks to the power of the bottle forum - you guys rock.
john

epackage

Reaction score
I see, well best of luck it is a nice example for sure....I'll be watching...

bottlekid76

Reaction score
I love saloon flasks, and that is a great one. Really sweet to have the full label as well. Good luck John

~Tim

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Very nice example. I don't doubt it might fetch that price. But buyers are always reluctant to bid on items with high opening bids. I'd start it lower, and have faith that it'll rise...

Plumbata

Reaction score
It is a very nice flask with an essentially pristine label considering the age. I'd say that you deserve the asking price simply to compensate you for all the energy expended in conducting research and taking all those photos!

If it doesn't sell, you could wait a while and then try listing it for 1,800 (or whatever) with buy it now or best offer, and see what kind of offers you get in. Might get ya some good bites.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I always like when people tell me what something is worth and aren't willing to pay it themselves. Its like that on this site and anywhere. It is normally the people not buying higher end stuff that throw a big price out there. Its a nice flask, good luck with it!

ncbred

Reaction score
Beautiful flask and good luck with it!!

In 1904, North Carolina allowed its people in each county to vote on the Volstead Act, which was similar to South Carolina which had gone to a dispensary system years earlier. Motivation was that men were getting their pay check on Friday and drinking it up in the bars/saloons before they got home. The Volstead Act allowed the people to vote on one of three things: 1) leave everything the way it was, 2) one central location in the city or the county to have a liquor store, and 3) do away with liquor and become a dry county. Some counties like Wake for one place - the Raleigh Dispensary. Johnson county voted for dispensaries in different towns like Selma, Smithfield, Clayton, and Pine Level. Cumberland county (Fayetteville) voted for a single county dispensary. Towns like Charlotte kept saloons.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

I always like when people tell me what something is worth and aren't willing to pay it themselves. Its like that on this site and anywhere. It is normally the people not buying higher end stuff that throw a big price out there. Its a nice flask, good luck with it!
?????????[8|]....Not sure what is meant here

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles