Cal label sodas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

celerycola

Reaction score
The Combinade, Quality Pineapple, and Dr. Wells labels are on the wrong bottles. Someone found a ton of these and other Bay Area labels in a print company warehouse in SF over thirty years ago. I see the bare labels regularly at shows and on ebay.

The green bottle on the left is foreign and the center bottle is the wrong age. Both are ginger ale bottles and would not have been used for fruit drinks.

Calbottlegirl

Reaction score
Wow!
Now that is really interesting! The center bottle is quite old with lots of bubbles. I would love to have a copy of the info about the labels et al.. I guess you just leave these "as is"?
I am glad I am thick-skinned or I might have been offended by your reply.But I am not.
Thanks for the info celerycola.
Regards,
Jan

celerycola

Reaction score
I didn't mean to offend. One of the reasons I post on Antique Bottle Forum is to learn from other members comments.

I wouldn't remove the labels from the bottles. They look good on the bottles and removing them would likely destroy them. If you check the label category on ebay you would soon find more of these labels anyway.

Dennis

Calbottlegirl

Reaction score
Hi Dennis!
I should have put a BIG WINK there buddy! ;) You didn't offend me AT ALL. In fact that is exactly what I did-look on ebay for the labels. Hey we all learn from doing and being. I thank you for the info.
Most sincerely,
Jan

Wilkie

Reaction score
The green bottle on the left is foreign and the center bottle is the wrong age. Both are ginger ale bottles and would not have been used for fruit drinks.
For my own education, can you tell me how you know the green bottle is foriegn? It looks identical to the one in the middle "to me" except for the color. What kind of bottles "would" these labels go on? What is the age of the labels?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter