Can’t seem to look up this one! Help?

Toma777

Reaction score

Sometimes old court documents can also give you some information, if you're lucky enough to find them online.

I found a court case concerning a relative's "remedy" business down in Texas, and his business was in Blair, Nebraska, which shows how far he sold his patent medicines. I just bough a 1912 real picture postcard showing one of his salesmen with his horse and buggy. The salesman is probably my 4th great-uncle Sam.

Remedies.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Sometimes old court documents can also give you some information, if you're lucky enough to find them online.

I found a court case concerning a relative's "remedy" business down in Texas, and his business was in Blair, Nebraska, which shows how far he sold his patent medicines. I just bough a 1912 real picture postcard showing one of his salesmen with his horse and buggy. The salesman is probably my 4th great-uncle Sam.

View attachment 226458
Poultry powder! What a great postcard.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Toma777

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to say how much I paid for it, but it's the last thing I could find online concerning my relative's business, and I've been looking at that postcard for two years now, and the price never budged an inch. :p

When I get everything together I'm going to do a thread about his patent medicine business. I just bought another Victorian Trading Card advertising his remedies. I have about 4 trading cards, about 5 of his bottles, 1 tin, 1 cookbook, and 1 remedy booklet telling how to use the remedies.

bottlecrazy

Reaction score
Getting back to the Flints Remedy - that is one gorgeous bottle. I know nothing about it, but it's very appealing even if not rare. If rare - when, that a whole 'nother bonus!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to say how much I paid for it, but it's the last thing I could find online concerning my relative's business, and I've been looking at that postcard for two years now, and the price never budged an inch. :p

When I get everything together I'm going to do a thread about his patent medicine business. I just bought another Victorian Trading Card advertising his remedies. I have about 4 trading cards, about 5 of his bottles, 1 tin, 1 cookbook, and 1 remedy booklet telling how to use the remedies.
Very cool family history.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

TxBottleDigger

Well-Known Member • Texas bottle guy
Reaction score
Western bottles, especially San Francisco bottles, are extremely desirable. I'd say that bottle dates to around 1880. Value; around $40-$50 I'd say. Wish I had it. Great bottle !

Products discussed on ATB

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwp1957