can anyone help?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

babyblu2505@yahoo.co

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this bottle before?

A9CBACEBEBA14D2E90CEFCD1AF55B6DD.jpg

Attachments

• A9CBACEBEBA14D2E90CEFCD1AF55B6DD.jpg
    A9CBACEBEBA14D2E90CEFCD1AF55B6DD.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 57

bottlebuddy

Reaction score
babyblu, Welcome to the FORUM, yes indeedy I have seen those bottles before (droooooool). That is a Standard Motor Oil Co. motor oil bottle from the EARLY 1920's, from a time before they packaged motor oil in cans, very collectable! I have seen that same bottle sell here in Illinois for $400. VERY NICE BOTTLE!

swizzle

Reaction score
Now I feel like an idiot. I turned one down earlier this month because I thought $8 was a little high. I saw another one of those last year. It was the first bottle I grabbed out of a box of bottles. The woman that I was buying bottles from ripped it out of my hands and said she couldn't sell it. It was her aunt's or hubby's or something. Swizzle

richf

Reaction score
There's bottlenutboy making those high offers again! You should have seen him with the recent cobalt Owl poison ... $5! Ahhhh, to be wealthy. I'll go $1.50 ... maybe, if I can clear it with the "boss."
Actually, these oil bottles are getting better and better all the time and the original pour spout only adds to the value. Good find and one that will likely only get better!
Rich

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
look at swizzles posts ^ he's at 666 lol it must be a sign... but of what? yeah i know i am offering way too much for these worthless bottles i got some i might sell but you guys dont want them if they were worth having i wouldnt be getting rid of them lol

richf

Reaction score
OK, guys ... you've forced my hand ... in a big way! I'll offer a whole $3 for this bottle! That would put me in deep you know what with the boss, but ... I'll take the chance, as long as shipping is included.
Maybe I'll go $3.25 ... you guys drive a hard bargain ....
I still want that owl poison and will offer $20, although I'll be in the dog house for sure ... and, going to the cathouse!
I hope you know this is tongue in cheek ...
Rich

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
thats funny he made a reference to my signature..lol.. ok ok ok $5 but thats my final offer and as to the comment about me "rollin in dough"..lol i wish im at 17 years old and have no job so i dont really have much money at all lol

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Giles