Cant find info Date Great soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
This DATE COLA bottle might not be related, but thought I would post it anyway as a possible clue. It has some catchy phrasing that's similar, but other than that, who knows. The trees are probably Date Palms, which might explain the brand name. I couldn't find anything related to Date Cola Incorporated. At first, I could only find two examples, and was surprised to find one currently on eBay. Check it out ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DA...339786?hash=item420a0b144a:g:WY4AAOSwJ89dm42m

This particular bottle was described as being dated 1947 - But that is unconfirmed - No photo of the base

Date Cola Bottle Front.jpg

Date Cola Bottle Back.jpg

cheromike

Reaction score
QUOTE="GLASSHOPPER55, post: 732377, member: 21970"]
That carton and design is definately early 60s all day long.
[/QUOTE] I agree with Grasshopper, it is the early 1960 time with Jaqueline Kennedy in the White House. Note the cut of the hem and sleeve, and especially the "Jackie Look" hairstyle. She domineered all styling of the time, with bright pastel colors adopted by the car companies, to simple clean cut cost effective living style. It is the pinnacle of the World War 2 generation. A time of hard won optimism. --Mike Elling, Sharon, Tennessee

Rodwon

Reaction score
Might these be salesman samples for the bottler?

SODABOB

Reaction score
This Heart Club bottle is (sort of) similar - but who knows?

Heart Club Soda Bottle.jpg

Date Soda Bottle Front.jpg

Heart Club Soda Bottle Back.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Rodwon

They could very well be salesman samples - but I'm leaning more towards a TEST MARKET brand. If so, that might explain the lack of a bottler and/or location - sort of a blind taste test - ???

BLIND DATE?

Last edited:

lbgbottler

Reaction score
Acl bottle just curious who made it. Or any other info . Thanks.

• L.G. ………………Liberty Glass Company, Sapulpa, Oklahoma (1918-c.1995), mark used c.1924-c.1936. Note that periods are used.
  • L-G………………..Liberty Glass Company, Sapulpa, Oklahoma (1918-c.1995), mark used c.1934-c.1967. Note that mark includes a dash.
  • L G………………..Liberty Glass Company, Sapulpa, Oklahoma (1918-c.1995), mark used c.1955- c.1995. Dash removed. (NOTE: There is a considerable overlap of the time periods during which these three mark variations were used (L.G. / L-G / L G) so careful scrutiny for an accompanying date code is advised. This information on approximate dates of use courtesy of author/researcher Bill Lockhart.) The Liberty Glass Company factory became part of the Ball-Foster Container Corporation in about 1995, Saint-Gobain Containers in 2000, now (after c. 2014) operating as part of the Ardagh Group. Also, check the L.G.CO. mark page for info on other factories that used a somewhat similar mark.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler