Cany anyone help a newbie identify any of these?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RE: post #6...that has a Cat and EJB embossed on the bottom - yes ?
E J Burke is the name the initials stand for. It was an ale bottle....some say Bitters.
Everyone I have even seen ( and I have about 12 of them) is crudely machine- made and varies in the olive green colorations. There is also a straight amber variation, but it's BIM.
Both are common and under $5.

AiXeLsyD13

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: whiskeyman

RE: post #6...that has a Cat and EJB embossed on the bottom - yes ?
E J Burke is the name the initials stand for. It was an ale bottle....some say Bitters.
Everyone I have even seen ( and I have about 12 of them) is crudely machine- made and varies in the olive green colorations. There is also a straight amber variation, but it's BIM.
Both are common and under $5.

You sir, are correct. It's melted looking, and looks more like a bowling-pin than a cat, but now that you say that, I can totally see it. Then there are 5 dots under the cat, and under that the letters C JB... or somethign to that effect. I think I do see the word BITTER above the bowling pin cat. Thank you for the information! What does BIM mean?

AiXeLsyD13

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: muddyfingers

Does the CC Soda have a twn name embossed on it?

Are you thinking of selling, or just research?

Willy

Hello Willy, Just research for now. I'm just getting into this whole thing.[:)]

on the back bottom of the bottle it has...
3497K ROOT

On the front bottom it says...
MIN CONTENTS 6½ FL. OZ.
COCA COLA BOTTLING COMPANY
PAT.APPL'D.FOR

And on the very bottom there's...
C.C.

No town name to speak of. Anyone know when/where this one might be from? It's got some cracks n' dings all over it... but according to the price tag, I believe that I paid $12 for it.

muddyfingers

Reaction score
Tallahassee,Fl and Fort Wayne,In just depends
The bottle is from I believe the late 20's early 30's. There was a CC Soda made in Quincy, Florida, but like so many others I am almost positive they could have been made almost anywhere. Without a town reference, or a bottling companies name it is basically a coin toss. I think $12 was a good buy, my thought is it doesn't always matter what bottles are worth, it's what you are willing to pay for something you don't have. Either or welcome to the forum, and be careful bottles are like a drug you can never get enough of them.
Willy

LC

Reaction score
I am thinking for some reason that the CC Soda's should be dated somewhere in the twenties. I have not looked at one for quite a while, but thought they all had a date on them. None of these you Folks have are dated at all?

AiXeLsyD13

Reaction score
That's cool. The house that my apartment is in was built in 1920. So, the bottle matches the era. Ha ha ha. Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter