Caspar Wistar February 3, 1696 – March 21, 1752

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
RE: Caspar Wistar February 3, 1696 – March 21, 1752

Why don't you write a bottle book, Steve!? Even just an archive of all the informative posts you've written here on ABN, without my crappy contributions of course.. would be a stimulating read IMCCO..

Steve/sewell

Reaction score

One day Chuck I might,I think that I have about written a book here in the historic bottle website section alone.I enjoy it though and hope one day I will have helped to spawn a new collector of colonial American glass.I am sometimes suprised at the lack of interest in the early glass of the United States by the members here at the forum in general.To me the ultimate glass you can collect would be the oldest and rarest but to each his own though.I have never seen Bill Lindsay check in on any of my posts here in this section.Is he Ok health wise,? or am I posting in the wrong section of the forum.I post here because I feel most of the posts are informative with good historical refference and they best fit this forums description of this section.

cyberdigger

Reaction score

The thing is, is, is that the posts you post are like way over all our heads and stuff, well most of us.. you write too much for a chat room like this, it really would be a good idea to at least archive all of your posts in your archives, is what I mean.. ! Not that we don't appreciate of course we do but it is stuff of a bigger quality...

div2roty

Reaction score

Steve, your posts really make the site a much, much better place. Thank you for all you do.

Recently I've moved my collecting habbits into early glass and figural bitters. My latest purchase is a NE green chestnut from the late 1700s.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score

Good for you Matt,Here is a great site a little pricey but good,Hank Flowers who runs the web site is the ultimate collector and glass historian on early colonial Southern New Jersey glass.He has the largest private collection of Wistar glass in the world.A very friendly very well versed glass historian. Http://oldsouthjerseyglass.com Check out his store, and you can email him as well. He has quite a bit of early glass for sale and seems to add two or three items per week.I bought my first Wistar (destructive chemical and instrument analysis tested by J. Victor Owen of the University of Newfoundland) attributed Chestnut bottle from him two years ago

div2roty

Reaction score

Thanks for recommending that site Steve. He does have a amber Chestnut, and I do need one for my collection, but it might not be crude enough for me. We'll see.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen