china or japan coin????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lacolobiger

Reaction score
Congrats on your find Tandy!! And thank you very much for the chineese web site. 1821 to 1850 is the date of the emperors reign, but is that the date of the coin?? Trying to find out when it was minted. GREAT INFO.

IRISH

Reaction score
Great web site Tandy [:D] , thanks for posting that although I've now got to go through my Chinese coins and date them all [;)] .

Aerated, I don't have any Opium related stuff (I don't think so anyhow) exept the bottles and many of them where not really opium but cures or what not, there is a lot of that stuff dug over here though.

IRISH

Reaction score
I've just been going through a few of the Chinese coins I've detected over the past few years, the oldest so far is from between 1644 and 1661 [8D] , it's amazing that some of these coins where already two hundred years old before the Australian goldrush started then they sat in the Aussie dirt for another 150 years only to get dug up while I was looking for Gold [:D] .

Thanks again for that site Rick, I'm now looking at those funny little cast coins with a whole new respect [:)] .

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1