Cleanest Hutch I ever found, plus beer, milk and a surprise med bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Been in the river all summer, and starting to figure it out a little. The Hutch, Milk and Med,
were buried. Rinsed them out with some rock salt and that was it . The Atlas a quick dip in muric acid and that black stain goes bye bye.

Attachments

• 20230723_182955.jpg
    20230723_182955.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 20230723_183314.jpg
    20230723_183314.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 164

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Very nice finds...:) ...I found a great spot on a river in a larger city not far from me that I plan to walk in the near future, it looks very promising, I've been along the edge and can see plenty glass and pottery in the water, I just didn't have my waders with me at the time....;)

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Very nice finds...:) ...I found a great spot on a river in a larger city not far from me that I plan to walk in the near future, it looks very promising, I've been along the edge and can see plenty glass and pottery in the water, I just didn't have my waders with me at the time....;)
Get rid of the waders, and get a pair steel toe boots. The big chain stores have them cheap, black hard vinyl that go up to thighs. The good stuff is buried,get in the mud start shuffling, kicking around when you hit glass,your foot slides off. You can always use a probe, but once you get use to it,you'll be able to feel what kind of bottle it is. Then all you do is kick it in to a net. The ones you can't see are usually the best, and when your boots fill up with water you don't sink like waders. Good luck.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Get rid of the waders, and get a pair steel toe boots. The big chain stores have them cheap, black hard vinyl that go up to thighs. The good stuff is buried,get in the mud start shuffling, kicking around when you hit glass,your foot slides off. You can always use a probe, but once you get use to it,you'll be able to feel what kind of bottle it is. Then all you do is kick it in to a net. The ones you can't see are usually the best, and when your boots fill up with water you don't sink like waders. Good luck.
The area of the river I plan to walk is a former mill site and dam for a canal crossing at the same location. The dam and mill date back to the mid 1830's, there's a lot of rock and brick in the water as well. I plan to use my waders until I know exactly how the river bed is, and make changes as needed.

historic-antiques

Reaction score
Been in the river all summer, and starting to figure it out a little. The Hutch, Milk and Med,
were buried. Rinsed them out with some rock salt and that was it . The Atlas a quick dip in muric acid and that black stain goes bye bye.
Great bottles!!! In what city did you find them? I know many companies sold their products nationwide in the same bottles, but in Chicago I found that Edelwiess, Atlas, and other bottles you pictured in Chicago. I guess the "Chicago" embossing gives us a clue, but just wanted to be sure! Nice little treasures you got!!!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Great bottles!!! In what city did you find them? I know many companies sold their products nationwide in the same bottles, but in Chicago I found that Edelwiess, Atlas, and other bottles you pictured in Chicago. I guess the "Chicago" embossing gives us a clue, but just wanted to be sure! Nice little treasures you got!!!
You are correct, I am in the Chicago Land area. It's tough getting into the city, which is where the really good stuff is. There going to start excavating in the oldest part of the city. I'm going to do my best to get in

there. They don't put people in jail for murder anymore what could they do for going in an excavation site, got feeling I'm going to find out.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2