Clear Druggist / Pharmacist / Drug Store / Apothecary bottles with a "Crescent Moon" logo on the base

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DavidW

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a small project in which I am going to start compiling a list of known clear glass druggist bottles that bear a "Crescent Moon" mark on the bottom. It is a thin "sliver" of the moon, and varies in appearance, sometimes it's more curved or rounded on some bottles compared to others. Most of these are handmade, although it is also possible some could be machine-made.

I'm looking for the druggist name and city/state. (I understand they have been found in many states across the US).

If anyone has a druggist bottle with that mark on the base, PLEASE send me a private message through this site ("Start Conversation") or post it here publicly, either way is fine. I know that some of these bottles are "slicks" and have no embossing on the front. In those cases I'd love to know where they were found (if they were dug), BUT primarily I'm interested in those that have a specific druggist name, and/or city, and/or state name on the front.

THANKS!!!

Attachments

• Crescent-Moon-base-of-plain-druggist-bottle.jpg
    Crescent-Moon-base-of-plain-druggist-bottle.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 121

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis