cobalt blue lamont

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kendolbottles1black

Reaction score
hey oz or irish, you might be able to help me with this one. went to an antique show yesterday i saw about 8 eastman lamonts for sale all cobalt blue they must be tampered with how do they do this .thanks by for now ken[:D]

oz-riley

Reaction score
Hi Ken,
They use a dye I think from the clothing industry, it is very hard to tell sometimes and won't just rub off with you fingernail.
There was a guy colouring soda syphons here for a while, they came in yellow, green, cobalt and red that I saw.
It is a pain when antique dealers get hold of them and try and sell them as genuine items.

Thanks
Chris

kendolbottles1black

Reaction score
yes oz, they really grab your eye when you walk past them. but when i saw they where j. eastman lamonts i new there was something going on .thanks for your help chris [:D]ken

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey Ken, there is a cobalt blue Lamont from Queensland but I agree with you that any from Eastman Broken Hill are going to be "not quite right" [:D] wish they where genuine though. I've never heard of any blue patents from N.S.W. exept for a blue Codd from Sydney (still trying to find out the company name).

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi Ken,
I got a deep purple Eastman maugham a few years ago from Sydney. I have seen only aqua glass ones before and they do not turn purple, as far as I know. The bloke I bought it from had a number of very dark blue marble bottles (plain). These marbles were zapped at Lucus Heights. I didn't ask what colour they were prior to being zapped. Maybe different glass additives react differently when exposed to radioactive radiation than they would to exposure to the sun over time. Up here in Townsville we have a blue marble made for Husband Bros. As far as the collectors up here know no-one has ever found a complete one although it is rumoured that a complete one does exist in a collection down south somewhere. I nearly have a complete set of Geradton torpedos. Well, I do have a complete set except the Chapman & Jose blue is repaired. I really really need a good one so if you know of any cobalt blue Chapman & Jose torpedos, please please please let me know. I am originally from Geraldton so I have a keen interest in getting hold of Geraldton bottles.[:)]

kendolbottles1black

Reaction score
hey alan, i will keep an eye out for you. they dont come up very often do they. i am chasing a G. PITMANS LAMONT NAMBOUR. if you know of one i would love to get a picture . thanks ken[:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.