Cobalt brewery quart?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
[;)]
brewtitan said:
In regards to Bruce as you know C.L. Centlivre was a brewer in Fort Wayne and I do have another early amber quart that only states in embossed letters " C.L. Centlivre Ft. Wayne, Ind " with the markings C&I on the bottom. There is no reference to beer or brewing on the bottle yet I have no knowledge of Centlivre brewing anything but beer and cereal berverages prior to prohibition.
Many other companies did the same too, but those bottles could have been and likely were used for other products too. Vinegar, bluing, soda, ammonia etc. Bottling was not done on the brewery premises either as that was against the law. It had to be a separate facility. Those bottling facilities were expensive to operate too. Quite often the bottle was more costly than its contents. So they would bottle other products for other companies, but used their own marked bottles so the bottles could be gotten back for reuse. You should start another web resource and document the bottles I am omitting. [light] My tastes have always favored the companies that branded their bottles with a beer or brewery reference. I still own hundreds of bottles that I will never catalog, but I still like them. Fun stuff.

oldcrownbock

Reaction score
You taking offers on it???? Nice bottle would fit great with mine Rick aka OCC

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson