Codd bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SAbottles

Reaction score
Hi Red. I have often told people all about the origin of "Codds Wallop". It makes a nice story, but investigation shows that there was actually probably no connection. The term came into being too late for this to be likely. [:-]

Reaction score
im heavily into codd bottles,hence my user name.over here in the uk they are heavily popular,ive only just started and i own 27 already,the more standard named or pictured ones arent worth a great deal,just a couple or so pounds (similar price in dollars)but the ones to get are the amber,dark green,and if your lucky enough,cobalt blue and black ones asthese can be worth a thousand plus each[;)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Re: RE: Codd bottles

Well permalink I'd sell mine for that kind of bucks. I normally think of their value between 30 and 200. I haven't really gotten that much out of them. I like to specialize in bottles that tell me about changes and innovation developments that came about when new tricks were applied to make the bottles better or faster to meet the demands for bottles. No doubt my experience in my Thatcher employment gave me a lot of projects to make things happen quicker and cost less to make, while improving the products. This included changing alloys, machining methods, new concepts of machine designs and tooling for the machines, and even a new mold shop layout that was so good they built a second one in Toledo Ohio, after they bought Toledo Mold. The Cincinnati Milling Machine and tooling for mold lugged castings. let that company sell six or eight of that same machines. After visiting Kennedy Valve in Elmira where they indexed valve castings to machine all three faces; I went to the company that made the chucks and we designed a special mold chuck that indexed the molds so the blanks and molds could be machined on both ends in one chucking. I have no idea of how many of those chucks they sold, but I have the original wooden chuck jaw patterns in my bottle collection shed. Pack rat impersonated. RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.