collection of old bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

new2me

Reaction score
As a kid about 30 years ago I ran across a land fill or old dump site when a builder was building 20 or so homes and unearthed the fill. We collected a ton of old bottles ranging from plain mason jars to embossed bitters bottles, owl poison, inks, milks bottles, coke cola, too many to list over 1000, I have wraped them in newspaper and put them in barrels, I ran across them as we are gettung ready to move and there they were still wraped in newspaper dated 1973, I have no room for them and do not know where to get rid of them at any ideas, I guess Im just not as excited as I was 30 years ago about them....[8|]
Waiting to hear any ideas
thanks

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum !
There are several bottle mags that you could place a for sale ad with in the classifieds. And you could even advertise on this forum and others that are bottle related. Or place one bottle at auction on ebay and mention in your auction that you have over 1000 bottles for sale in one lot .... and you will be suprised of the response you will get.
If you have over 1000 bottles that are in good condition and are of good quality ....then people will come to you to purchase them. Of course you won't get as much out of them selling in one lot.
Do you have any pics of what you have ? And what state are you located in ?

new2me

Reaction score
I will try to post some pics of them and i found them in a fill outside of los angeles California in the san fernendo valley, thanks for the reply it did help[:)]

new2me

Reaction score
here are some milk bottles and a couple of others does anyone know what they are? I could use the help, maybe value also...

Sq46688.jpg

Pictures cropped, merged and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Sq46688.jpg
    Sq46688.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 99

new2me

Reaction score
here is a pic of the coke bottles I have 7 or 8 of them (uncleaned)

Attachments

• Ax73138.jpg
    Ax73138.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 94

undercovercajun

Reaction score
I couldn't really tell from the pic, but NH milk bottles sell pretty well on ebay. I sold one last night for $198.45. I have seen them go for up to $900.

Bitters bottles usually do very well on ebay too, do an advanced search on them on ebay and you might be surprised at what you have!

Where ever you sell them...Good Luck!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Tracie, You sold a NH Milk Bottle on eBay for HOW MUCH? was it a color lable bottle or plain embossed? i have quite a few Maine Milk bottles that I've been holding on to, but if I can realize $198 - they're gone[:D]

undercovercajun

Reaction score
Maine,

I sold it for $198.45, my PA bottle only went for $29.65. The NH bottle was a pyroglazed and the some of the pyro was pretty bad on one side. Even better...my NH bottle went home! That's right, it sold to a collector who was born and raised in the same town the bottle was from. Call me sentimental...but I thought it was cool that it was going back "where it came from".

There was a bitters bottle that went for $16,000.00 (yes that is a decimal and comma!) about a month ago.

I just decided to try my hand at ebay about a week ago. Don't know how well it will go, but it seems to make for a good hobby.

NOTE: Check out this BAD BOY! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6100433004

If you do a search on ebay by bidder, check out country_boy and porcupine3618. (Check on completed item also!) These 2 seem to love to get into a bidding war!!! A side note about porcupine3618 on ebay: I posted a question about the NH milk bottle on one of the ebay forums. porcupine3618 proceeded to e-mail me and make an offer BEFORE I listed it on ebay. This WRONG...people are not supposed to do this. I refused the offer and put the bottle up for auction. I had a few people tell me I was crazy NOT to go ahead and sell it...but I can't help it, I believe is doing what is right.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson