Columbian Jubilee amber flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
Hey Forum

Just wondering what to make of this Amber Flask, purchased in part of a collection. I've only been able to find examples with the standard flask lip, not a whiskey top. Were these reproduced at any time?

Sorry pics are sub-par
IMAG2586.jpg

IMAG2587.jpg

tigue710

Reaction score
looks like the real deal for sure. Nice flask! I haven't seen that one before but bet it will grow in popularity over the years... a keeper!

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
Sorry, its Columbia Jubilee, not Columbian like I spelled it in the title

Heres the only ones I can find, two from Heckler, all with double collared lips.
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Would you think the whiskey style top to be newer/rarer, more/less valuable?

tigue710

Reaction score
I think two of those are the same flask. It would have only been made that one year, in 1892. The different top could be because they had intentions of putting different liquors in the flask. One top could have been more preferred for brandy while the other was more preferred for whiskey, (speculation)... could just be a fluke. My guess is that they are equally as rare, and I do not think the top would effect the price to much except that the double rolled lip is not usually found on shoo fly flasks. Either way I'd tuck that one away for the future... great bottle.

botlguy

Reaction score
Is xxfollyxx Rusty or Travis? I wish you folks would put names with your posts so I could get better acquainted with you all. But then,,,,, maybe you don't want to know ME. [&:][:mad:][:-]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: botlguy

Is xxfollyxx Rusty or Travis? I wish you folks would put names with your posts so I could get better acquainted with you all. But then,,,,, maybe you don't want to know ME. [&:][:mad:][:-]
Travis is his real name, Rusty is his NJ nickname....[;)]

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
My mistake, it does say Columbian. It's a pint size, measures 8.5" tall. I have multiple personality disorder so any of those names work just fine. Just don't call me late for supper.

;-)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776