Cool beer bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sterling1997

Reaction score
I have never collected bottles before but I love antiques and these have always been on my "one day" list of collections. Maybe my wife will let me start when I get rid of the rest of my junk. Anyway, I recently rescued 10 beer bottles from an old barn in Minnesota. The old guy selling them to me told me they came from his wife's grandparents who ran a brewery in Wisconsin. After researching, most of them are Illinois-Owens and are from the 20's-30's. The cool thing is, they still have the corks in them. I'm on the fence between selling them and keeping them as they do look really cool on my bookcase. I'm just curious if anyone could give me an idea of value. I know it's hard w/o a pic but 7 are the larger bottles, wine bottle size. The other three are the size of todays beer bottles. Just hopeful someone can give me a heads up on appx. value and rarity, if any...and is Ebay the best route to go with these? Thanks

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, there is NO WAY to give you a value on something we can't see....Post pic's and you'll get some great help here, you're gonna need pic's for E-Bay so you might as well start with them here....Jim

epackage

Reaction score
If you can give us an idea of what is embossed on the bottles and the color of the bottles I can do some research that might help...

Sterling1997

Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I can't seem to post my pics on here. They are definitely Illinois-Owens from what I've been able to tell. Its an "I" within a circle and diamond. The three numbers to the left ,right and bottom of the mark vary. I've learned the right one tells the date and they are 20's to early 30's. The bottles are amber. Again most of them are large, like wine bottle size. They are pressed glass with two seams running all the way to the top. Again, they do have the corks in them. Dk if that matters but I can't really find any that have them. Thanks for any help.

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Sterling1997

I'm not sure why but I can't seem to post my pics on here. They are definitely Illinois-Owens from what I've been able to tell. Its an "I" within a circle and diamond. The three numbers to the left ,right and bottom of the mark vary. I've learned the right one tells the date and they are 20's to early 30's. The bottles are amber. Again most of them are large, like wine bottle size. They are pressed glass with two seams running all the way to the top. Again, they do have the corks in them. Dk if that matters but I can't really find any that have them. Thanks for any help.
One of 2 reason you probly can't post pics.. 1st are you looking for the pic to appear in post? but all you get is a link? if so you need to check mark the embed in post box if nothin is happening more then likely your pics files are to big for the post

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Sterling1997

Are there any labels or embossing to ID them by so you know what or who bottled them, if not they really don't have any value at all for 1920-30's bottles...

epackage

Reaction score
You can e-mail me any pic's you have and I'll be happy to post them here.....Jim

epackage@msn.com is my e-mail

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Sterling,
Welcome to the forum. Can you tell what brand of beer the bottles held? Is it written on them somewhere? Identifying the maker will go a long way in determining if they are rare or not - but ultimatly, Epackage is correct. A picture will really help. . .

hemihampton

Reaction score
What's the name of the Brewery the Grandparents ran/owned? LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator