Crisco Oil Bottle circa early 60's?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Little Bit Farm

Reaction score
I found an old crisco oil bottle. The thing that shocked me was that it does not have a screw top lid. Does anyone know why? The label remnants indicate that it is slightly different from the first label(1960). However, the bottle is nearly identical. I didn't realize that a bottle such of this late vintage could still not have a screw top lid. Any information is much appreciated.

See the original label here: Crisco

Little Bit Farm

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Little Bit...

By a Crisco oil bottle do you mean a round "jar" like bottle? I just paid $8.00 for one at an antique store near us because I had never seen a Crisco Jar before...I have seen hundreds of metal and cardboard "coffee can" types but never a glass jar. That's why I bought it for my collection..caught my eye...

mine measures approximatly 5 1/2 inches across...and about 5 3/4 inches high..."snap-on" type lid (I guess..no lid on mine) about 3 1/4 inches wide opening...embossed with the word "CRISCO" equally four times around the top shoulder of jar with embossed weave pattern top shoulder and bottom 1 inch of jar...bottom says...82-58 at 12 o'clock position..3 A (blobbed, might be something or nothing else) then the Ball logo at the 6 o'clock position....sure wish I had a digital cam..picture worth a thousand words!

The Doc...DR J...[X(]

Little Bit Farm

Reaction score
No this an actual oil bottle. Dark brown with ridges 1/3 of the way down. Hour glass shape. However, I read an article on the internet which mentioned that Crisco shortening was put into glass jars during the war. I don't remember where it was. However I found it on google.

Little Bit Farm

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter