Crock!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

The Bottleman

Reaction score
Was walking a ditch today with a friend and found a 3 gallon crock! Took me almost an hour and a half to dig it out but i got it out and it has no cracks and is not broken! I was so suprised to find it just stuck in the side of the ditch and not broken or anything. I would post a picture but all i have because of technical difficulties is my phone and it wont allow me to upload the photo, it says the file is not supported or somethin idk. If i can post one later I will

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Cool and good job digging it out. The first crock that I found (undewater), I dug a nice big handhold and then got my back into pulling it out. The result is easily guessed. I was holding a fist sized piece of crock in that hand. You have to dig it all out carefully or you can easily damage it. Nice job.

The Bottleman

Reaction score
This one was in about two feet deep of mud. I just barely see it. so i dug most of the way around it, got a handhold and slowly worked it out and got it.

Rachel W

Reaction score
You forgot to mention "your friend" found it lol:)

*_Rachel_*

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Falcon & "Friend" Rachel,

Congratulations on scoring the crock. Sounds like you've been scouring the countryside a bit. That's how you find the stuff. What's Joe Stout have to say about those "quarters" that you found? Plowed or not, burned or not, I'd be scouting a good 500 yard periphery of that place.

When'ya figger out some pictures, we'd love to see em. Keep lookin...

44875.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Cool and good job digging it out. The first crock that I found (undewater), I dug a nice big handhold and then got my back into pulling it out. The result is easily guessed. I was holding a fist sized piece of crock in that hand. You have to dig it all out carefully or you can easily damage it. Nice job.

I found in the creek a jug a few years back that taught me my lesson. I pulled it out of the water by the handle and yelled for my buddy to check it out. He turns around to see the jug fall into the water and me standing there with the handle in my hand. It wasn't made to support all that gravel and sand. I glued it back but it just ain't the same. Idiot!

The Bottleman

Reaction score
Finally got the picture of the crock up =). 3 gallon as you can probably tell by the number. All my hard work and 5 cut fingers for that :D

DE126B46FE98472AB4254C7695FEB132.jpg

Attachments

• DE126B46FE98472AB4254C7695FEB132.jpg
    DE126B46FE98472AB4254C7695FEB132.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 40

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member