Crossing my fingers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Chuck1188

Reaction score
There is an estate sale here tomorrow morning that has some potential. The person that owned the stuff being sold was a coca cola collector as well as an oil brand collector. In the pictures I saw 7 hutch's. Im REEAAAALLLLYYY hoping that they are Coca cola hutch's. On top of that I am hoping they are fairly low priced. If they are Coca Cola hutch's I will definately be posting pictures and probably selling one or two of them. My expectations are high BUT they bottles were grouped right together with other very common cokes and I think it is a fair assumption that they are Coca Cola hutch's. If they turn up to be local hutch's I will be more than happy. Just hoping and wishing for some coke hutch's.
I bet youre tired of reading the words "Coca Cola hutch's " right now :)

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Chuck,

Much Coca-Cola hutch luck! Are you gonna wear the lucky jacket?

coca_cola_suit_001.jpg

swizzle

Reaction score
Better get there at least an hour early. A few estate sales I went to had people waiting outside an hour in advance. I went to one estate sale at there set time at 9am and they had about a trunk load of stuff left when I got there. It wouldn't hurt to try to call them if possible to see if they would do a pre-sale. That's how a lot of antique dealers get the goods before we do. Swiz

Chuck1188

Reaction score
Haha
I will be there at least an hour early for this one. I dont think I have a lucky jacket.
I heard of duct tape offering students scholarships if they made their prom tux or dress out of duct tape. Kinda looks like the same thing with coke in that picture.
I had no clue about the presale thing. I will definately make sure to call ahead next time.

swizzle

Reaction score
Well good luck. If you actual buy anything then post some pics. You might also want to get some stickers with your name and info on them. The one sale that I went to with some really great historical flask had sticker on all of them when I finally walked into the room. An antique dealer that went in ahead of me tagged all of these items and then told the estate sale people that he was done and they went back through the house adding up his total. Its their way of speed shopping for more then they can carry. I call it cheating. Swiz

Wangan

Reaction score
Chuck,I still have my lucky pull tab vest I made years ago.You can borrow that for luck,but if the sun is out,you will need a T-shirt underneath,the metal gets pretty hot![8D]

Chuck1188

Reaction score
Well I got to the sale and as promised there was ALOT of coke stuff. All the way from can openers to bottles to original metal signs. The hutch's were coca cola from the vicksburg candy co. BUT they were commemerative. 1979.
Shoot.
All the other bottles were 70s too.
Oh well.
I did come away with a 1950s or 60s baseball glove. Being I am a baseball fanatic.
I guess I saved some money though. More money to spend on bottles elsewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward