Current News Thread

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Did anyone watch the saga of the "balloon boy"? I didn't even know what was happening and one of our crews came in and said OMG turn on the TV...so we were all watching the end of this drama as the balloon was traveling along...being followed by the helicopters...then it started to slow down...with our hearts in our throats as the balloon swayed back and forth through power lines and looked like it was going to crash in to the ground...and just as if all prayers had been answered the balloon came down in a field and set ever so gently on the ground...as we all awaited the crews on site to bring out the little boy...no boy...still no boy...and now we know the whole story (see the link below)...what people will do for their 15 minutes of fame...

I got sucked in - did you?

http://news.aol.com/article/parents-of-balloon-boy-falcon-heene-will/719681?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fparents-of-balloon-boy-falcon-heene-will%2F719681

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Thought it was a scam after about 5 seconds. No way that thing could carry a person, even a kid. And the father is a nut. The whole story seemed totally implausible to me from the start. Just my opinion of course. Seemed like child abuse to me carting that sick kid on the crack of dawn news shows. I feel sorry for the innocent kids.

madman

Reaction score
yes i saw that, its all messed up, those people are gonna get it, lol

glass man

Reaction score
YES LIKE MATT IT IS THE KIDS THAT WILL DO THE REAL PAYING FOR THE "ADULTS" [?] EGOS![:mad:] JAMIE

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

Thought it was a scam after about 5 seconds. No way that thing could carry a person, even a kid. And the father is a nut. The whole story seemed totally implausible to me from the start. Just my opinion of course. Seemed like child abuse to me carting that sick kid on the crack of dawn news shows. I feel sorry for the innocent kids.

Amen Gunth!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
OK, I agree that the balloon story was probably a hoax but what about the missle that was exploded on the moon last week. How did that one pass by everyone and what was it really all about? Don't think for one moment that it was like the news reported it, that we were just looking for water. There is much more to this story than that. We are constantly lied to by the news media. When will the gag order finally be lifted and we are told the truth about all things? We have a right to know the truth.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I never gave it a second thought. Trapped kid in a balloon is a news story for those who don't care about real news, and the stupid aftermath is even worse. Don't we have better things that we should be hearing about than this crap?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The experiment on the moon wasnt a missile or bomb in the normal military sense, it was a kinetic energy projectile (get an object with mass moving really fast and hit something). You can be sure every country with objects in space had military intrest in that since its a great way to kill satellites but nothing mysterious about it (and not much even innovative).
Dont under estimate the importance of significant minable water on the moon for future space exploration. Water is both essential and heavy. If we can get it from the low gravity moon it adds a new dimension to the space equation.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Staunton Dan

OK, I agree that the balloon story was probably a hoax but what about the missle that was exploded on the moon last week. How did that one pass by everyone and what was it really all about? Don't think for one moment that it was like the news reported it, that we were just looking for water. There is much more to this story than that. We are constantly lied to by the news media. When will the gag order finally be lifted and we are told the truth about all things? We have a right to know the truth.

Dan - I did a little checking on this today and was surprised to hear that on 3-01-09 China crashed something there and so did Japan on 6-10-09...is the moon going to be the next "dump" we will be digging? LOL

The whole water thing seems silly considering they are saying that what they are looking for is water (left by comets crashing in to the craters) and freezing...in between each layer is like dust particles and it's supposedly layers of water that has been there forever...and with a price tag of $79 million dollars!!!! Just to see what flys up in the atmosphere when it's struck...we'll have to have multiple trips to get a core sample...test it...etc...all for what? Why don't they just wait till we go (back)* there and check it out then...all in one trip...look - get sample...and look at all that money that they could be using elsewhere!

* Wait a minute while I stop choking on those words - I am one of those that doesn't believe we ever went there in the first place...let me say now I don't want to argue that point...let's just agree to disagree on that and focus on the current situation...why if we have been there and done that is there still so many questions and why is it going to take so much more time for us to return? Just throwing that out there...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide