cute brown bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hokeypix

Reaction score
reminds me of a liquer bottle - bubbles, etc. 6 inches tall.

anyone? :)

Us54080.jpg

Attachments

• Us54080.jpg
    Us54080.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 88

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Hokeypix,
The shape of your bottle IS a liquer-Benedectine,the first liquer in the world! There is a website that I have seen giving the history of the liquer but stuffed if I can find it now.Essentially,the Benedectine monks infused herbs and other botanicals in brandy as a medicine,l.o.l.Don't know when they abopted that shape of bottle but I'd say you have a Benedectine liquer bottle from around 1880-1890.

Hope this helps,

KAT

kruege1

Reaction score
Hello hokeypix,
the dutch used such bottles for gin or genever.The bottles had been partly produced in the region east of Koblenz on rhine /Germany. The bodys of the bottles are prepressed, so they date after 1880.
Bernd Barfues

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
This glass bottle could be a Benedictine bottle. (As KAT points out) the monks claim that this liqueur was first produced as a herbal medicine in 1510 at the Benedictine monastery in Fe'-camp, in France, by Bernardo Vincelli. Now sold as a liqueur, Benedictine is a secret formula based on cognac brandy with 27 plants and herbs.

The letters D.O.M. appear on Benedictine bottles (though they may appear on paper labels, I suppose). These letters stand for Deo Optimo Maximo ("To God most good, most great").

---------Harry Pristis

woody

Reaction score
I dug a bottle just like that one that was embossed "Burgundia Coca".
I was told it was cocaine. There were several bottles that were broken but only one whole one to be found.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn