Dandelion & Tomato Panacea YUMMY!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

appliedlips

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: glass man
MUSTA BEEN A GREAT FEELING GETTING IT! JAMIE

A great feeling is right! This hobby is full of the best folks I have ever met and I never seize to be amazed at the generousity I have encountered. I will always remember where this one came from and will continue to send stuff his way..

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all the good information everyone contributed.. The google book was very interesting. Thanks again.

Lordbud

Reaction score
"But dont underestimate the healing power of a common backyard weed..."

Dandelion leaves are one of the most nutritious things one can consume:
This food is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Potassium and Manganese.

...and most Americans are worried about spraying some kind of weed-killer on this baby.
Talk about misinformed...

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Do you eat them?

I am well known here for being a wise guy, so I'll have to point out that it's a serious question! When I'm in Romania, I eat a healthier diet than here in NJ.. dandelions are one reason.. they call it "salad" ..a generic term for any edible leafy green.. some for the rabbits, some for the pigs, some for the chickens, ducks, and geese, and some for the other farm animals..namely, the peasant farmers like me and my family-in-law, the most pleasant and amiable company you'll ever run across.. another delicacy over there is a weed called stinging nettle.. you brush up against this with your bear skin and you'll never forget it, but cooked like spinach, it ain't bad at all!
Most Americans are completely out of touch with nature, but who can blame us when we can load up the cart at the "Stop & Spend" and eat like ma nature never existed..

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I am not out of touch with nature...I have a PopTart tree growing in the back yard.

seriously, I am the only one in the neighborhood who doesnt have chemlawn spray thier lawn. I am upwind. I have great dandelions. They are fighting a losing battle me thinks.

My favorite lawn salad item is Sheeps Sorrel, grows pretty much everywhere.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumex_acetosella
Leaves look like a sheep head. Tastes sort of like grapes to me.

i'm not really into the bitter weeds.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I can not tell a lie.. I chopped down the Pop-tart tree in our yard... but with the extra sunlight now, the Hot Pockets tree is thriving![;)]

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
I have customers that grow Dandelion as a green crop bunch it n sell it just like lettuce!!!

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
i remember summer meals at my grandmothers would feature a salad of dandelion from her backyard with hot bacon dressing. i recall it being an acquired taste............. kinda a nice way of saying it was awful.

jim

cc6pack

Reaction score
As long we're talking salad, I got my first tomato today, bout 3/4 lb.

7CC3AA7118F44E2788A6270985991778.jpg

Attachments

• 7CC3AA7118F44E2788A6270985991778.jpg
    7CC3AA7118F44E2788A6270985991778.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 47

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter