Date of Bottle & Worth Please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pouffie

Reaction score
This small bottle came with a bunch that were dug by a friends uncle back in the 60's. This one is Aqua, 3" High, looks like the seam stops before lip, and it says "Walker & Co. Perfumers - Baltimore". Has a little scratch right on the shoulder - not a crack, I examined it under a magnifying glass. Can you tell me when it dates to and if there is any worth to it? Hope the picture is OK - I will post another right behind this one.

Many thanks in advance

Hf98173.jpg

Attachments

• Hf98173.jpg
    Hf98173.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 125

woody

Reaction score
I moved this to the before 1900 forum because that is when the bottle was made.
Probably around 1880-1900.
A collector of Baltimore bottles would be interested in this bottle, unless it's very common.

pouffie

Reaction score
Thanks Woody.... I wasn't sure where to start but you got me pointed in the right direction now [:D]

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi pouffie,
The Baltimore Bottle Book lists it like this:
896. WALKER & CO. / PERFUMERS / BALTIMORE in plate. - Aqua 2 3/4". Round.....U

U = Uncommon - 10-25 examples are known.

No prices listed in this book.

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
Similar Perfume

I've got a couple of dug small perfumes that look virtually identical to this Walker/Baltimore example, and here is one of them. It's embossed "F Hoyt & Co/ Perfume/ Philad'a" Same size & vintage, tooled. I guess my question is...were these different brands made at the same glass factory, from similar molds, with changed embossing for the different retailers? Or were they each made in the town embossed on them, and they're virtually the same because of the style of the time, proprietary molds, or for some other reason? I think that I once managed to look this Hoyt perfume up, and it was not particularly rare, but if someone knows differently I certainly wouldn't mind knowing about it. Thanks..

Vt57835.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57835.jpg
    Vt57835.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 123

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
And another

This one is also dug, and about identical in size & style, but presumably not a perfume. It's embossed "Sweet Bye & Bye/ Corning & Tappan" with an entwined TC logo in the center. One guy told me it was a laudenum product for women, but I really have no clue, never found any reference. Anyone know anything? Also, same questions about style & origin as compared to the Walker perfume.

Qn38269.jpg

Attachments

• Qn38269.jpg
    Qn38269.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 165

pouffie

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Meech. Is the Baltimore Bottle Book available for sale somewhere? Maybe I should get a copy because I have a few more Balt bottles in this lot. Also, since this bottle is listed as "uncommon" how do you begin to figure out it's worth? My friend wants me to sell this and all the others she has. Any help is appreciated. [:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green Mountain Mom