debate time

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Depends on what you collect I suppose, I mainly like aerated water patents so the UK and SA have the best of the coloured codds etc. New Zealand has some stunning coloured stuff and patents too, digging in Australia is great as we get bottles from all over the world in the Goldfields.
Is there anyone here who has dug in all or most of the countrys mentioned above ? I will be going to the UK sometime in the future (not too long hopefully) , it will be interesting to see what it's like digging there (Ireland in particular).

pvg_320

Reaction score
I would like to get out to Australia or UK for some digging sometime. Most likely UK since the travel is more affordable...

I've got a month log sabbatical coming up next year and I'd like to spend at least two weeks of it doing archaeological stuff - and digging for glass qualifies in my book...

Having dug a little in both UK and USA, I vote UK since I found quite a bit more color, but it may just have been luck. There are some very interesting US bottles yet to be dug.

Going to search on that SA stuff as well - colored Codds are very nice

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Dare I Say The U.S. - especially with the 4th. coming up![8D] Hey Canada, we've been protecting you for 200 years!, time to send back some of our early bottles the Loyalist took up there during the Revolution! [;)]

wberry

Reaction score
Hmm ... and what would you be protecting us from? ... Hungry hordes of recently hibernated bears? Black flies with a blood lust? Just pulling your Star-Spangled leg.

In Toronto, one sees a mix of bottles. For example, digging in Toronto, one might find an embossed medicine from Hull, England, assorted UK whiskeys and gins, jam and treacle pots from the UK (some debossed), patent medicines and inks from the USA (with an emphasis on products from New York State, given its proximity to Ontario) and Canadian patent medicines ("Nerviline," produced by the NC Polson & Co., Kingston, ON) and embossed Toronto chemists' bottles plus the usual doll parts, pipe heads and marbles.

Wayne (feeling protected in Canada) Berry

PS If you would like to see some nice pics of Canadian bottles, visit http://www.sentex.net/~morris/index.html

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583