Detecting finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Hey all I just read through the thread. Nice finds Plumb. Im sure if you sifted some of that dump dirt you may shake out some more coins. I haven't been out in a while. When I split with the old gf 2 of my machines came up "missing". They aren't worth more than $400 but I don't know if its worth the hassle to go to small claims court and try to get them back. Dealing with a drug head was just too much. Then stealing not paying bills it just got worse. Sooo I moved on from a bad situation. Now I hope that next year will bring some new friends and new detecting adventures with others (maybe some here). Hoping to get my MXT pro fixed and maybe buy something new next year.

ironmountain

Reaction score
That is a huge hunk of silver cryptic. There's silver, copper, gold and a ton of other minerals up here.We're in the same glacier belt as you so that stuff is everywhere. Have a ton of copper and a bunch of quartz with some gold threads in it but that's about it so far. That hunk of silver is crazy.I've got a hunk of copper in the ground I might have to backhoe out.I have a 3-4' hole and when I stand at the edge and put my coil to the side of my head I get the same solid copper signal. Has to be a huge piece or a vein. Pulling out the 2 box this spring to see how deep it really is.

MIdigger

Reaction score
I would imagine that size of a copper chunk would get some attention!. I was thinking today about places to detect and dig when Spring breaks. Have a couple of new places in mind to go over when it warms up some. All I`ve found recently is some coins totaling maybe a couple bucks, and what I thought was a good find....a black onyx which was broken from a woman`s chain.Hopefully this will be a good detecting year for all!!.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Iron, ya need to dig that pit and start yourself a copper mine! [:D] Hopefully full of silver/copper halfbreed nuggets. I've been detecting curbstrips and some BLM land here in Wyoming, and managed a sweet first-find in dirt disturbed after a sidewalk replacement; an 1868 Shield Nickel! Not in the best shape (ya know how nickels are) but a great find considering WY didn't become a state until over 20 years later, and the house it was in front of likely wasn't older than the 1910s. No silver yet though, but it will happen. Good luck folks!

MIdigger

Reaction score
That's a great find Plumb. My oldest coin was also my first find (an 1896 V nickel in my parents back yard). Nickels are sometimes looked down upon, but I like finding all types of coins myself. I've got a new shopping list for detecting for spring, as I sit and watch this snowstorm come down (supposed to get 7-11 inches I guess). Hopefully spring wont be too far off. Good luck all, Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS