Did anyone see this $7000 bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlescript

Has he run out of dough?

Hopefully not, he was supposed to be funded $2B by the government to build the museum. Which with building costs, land costs, taxes, and $2,000-$7,000 per bottle, he might have [8D]

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AlexD

Is he still bidding on anyone's bottles? I sent him a message a few weeks ago and never heard anything back [8|]

He didn't tell ya he was leaving ebay to deal direct w/ the collectors who are willing to sell?

As of 5-28 he was/is still buying from some people I know in a large way.

Maybe you tried to hustle off one to many less than perfect bottles and got the ax?

You know what they say............"Fool me once.........................."

AlexD

Reaction score
He said as I quote "We prefer to deal privately". Apparently his buyers knew they were paying outrageous prices at first [8|] I'm not sure if he's 100% done with eBay, every time he bought from me and didn't buy for a few weeks, I figured he was done. I've sold around 23-25 bottles to him (around $13K) in the past few months. Oh well, if he's done, it was great dealing with him [sm=rolleyes.gif]

One thing I really liked about his buying was how he/his buyers would NEVER ask useless questions before/after the sale. He bought, paid, and I shipped it. NOTHING MORE. I have another buyer besides him right now with 7 Feedback that's hounding me about dumb questions as I'm writhing this! "It's been 3 days since I bought your item, where is it?" "Where's my tracking number?" "I need the item by tomorrow" "Please don't add any receipts inside the box" [:mad:] He's in Las Vegas, how am I supposed to get it there BY tomorrow when the item has 3 days handling time in the first place, so I'm not late on shipping it out, and today is the onetime date to ship it with average shipping. Al Thani NEVER did stuff like that. [&o]

Maybe you tried to hustle off one to many less than perfect bottles and got the ax?

I did try to deal off that 1920's Syrup Dispenser I have to him for quite a few bucks. Hopefully that didn't make him mad. It's in perfect condition though!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AlexD
I have another buyer besides him right now with 7 Feedback that's hounding me about dumb questions as I'm writhing this! "It's been 3 days since I bought your item, where is it?" "Where's my tracking number?" "I need the item by tomorrow" "Please don't add any receipts inside the box" [:mad:] He's in Las Vegas, how am I supposed to get it there BY tomorrow when the item has 3 days handling time in the first place, so I'm not late on shipping it out, and today is the onetime date to ship it with average shipping. Al Thani NEVER did stuff like that. [&o]
Why wait to ship an item? I have the item boxed the day/night it sells, once the Paypal payment is made I ship it, there's no excuse for making people wait until you "feel like going to the post office". If you go thru Ebay to print your label it automatically sends the tracking number to the buyer, I'd be complaining too... Why would you put a receipt in the box, what purpose does it serve, the buyer can print out the same worthless crap on his or her end.

AlexD

Reaction score
I've been busy moving from one house to another, trying to build the shelfs for my bottles to be safe on in another room, ordering new couches, beds, etc. My bottles are currently still at the old house waiting to be moved. I have one more shelf to put together, it's heavy and glass so I'd rather wait until everything's assembled before I start filling the display. The label was still with the bottles.

I guess because some sellers do that. Seems like a waste of time to me, they know what they bought. I throw the receipts away as soon as I get them. He said he/she was buying it for a birthday present, why can't he just take what he doesn't want out of the box? Run a knife along the tape, open the flaps, and tape it back up. If he's going to give it as a present from the time it comes in the mail in the same box with the postage and packing tape... Pretty crap-ily wrapped gift [&:]

AlexD

Reaction score
He bought from me this morning, nevermind [;)]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290924247490?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

AlexD

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-PURPLE-AMETHYST-GLASS-SS-COKE-STRAIGHT-SIDE-SCRIPT-COCA-COLA-BOTTLE-/161034599008?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257e68fa60

And you guys made fun of my purple bottle...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583