Digging in North caroliana

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

1bottleneck

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the digging for bottle scene, I recently purchased five acres of land in the woods and there are a few dump sites full of bottles and cans. I found an auto tag from the 60s in one hole I was cleaning up so I would think the bottles are from this time period. could the bottles be worth anything from the 60s? I came across this sight by accident and was wondering if I should save any of these bottles? as of now I was just clearing a dump sight but am curious if this could be the beginning of a new era.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bubbas dad

Reaction score
1bottleneck.
welcome to the forum. some of your dumps maybe older than others. it seems to me that when people use to dump trash like that they would move their dumps around when they started building up. as for the worth, i can only speak about soda bottles. if you find some in good shape you won't get rich but generally they they're worth a couple of bucks in really good shape. around here anyway. you might even find the occasional hard to find soda which might be worth alittle more. good luck and beware of the bottle collecting bug. when it bites it won't let go.

1bottleneck

Reaction score
Thanks For the input. I think I have been bitten. I found a cheerwine bottle broken of corse but I here if I find a good one it could be worth a hundred or more.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR