Digging the local dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tandy

Reaction score

[:)] Over a period of in excess of thirty years, I (and many others) have dug various sections of a dump that I have dated as being between the late 1920's and the late 1950's or early 1960's. The dump is situated in an old quarry, and has a lot of surface area as well as being very deep.

Over the years, stone ginger beers, marble bottles, blues, patent medicines, internal threads,and crown seal bottles have been dug there, plus various other bottles, coins, medallions, marbles and doll parts have been dug there.

I have included a picture of the last dig I did there, with an explanation after it.

In front are two Zac bottles, probably around the 1920's - 1930's, followed by Beethams Glycerine and Cucumber (English, I think) and a small 2 fluid ounce bottlke that is very common, in both clear and amber. Behind the two Zac's are a common form of amber poison - "Not to be taken" and one I have yet to identify, Kewpie Oil Cleaner. (Car Polish?)
The largest of the pots near the spoon and coins are Liebig's Extract of meat, quite common. behind them are tow modern pots and two water bag spouts. Behind the coins are a Peck's paste and a Cheeseborough Manufacturing screw top jar. The coins are two old pennies, 1924 1nd 1922, and a medallion.

I'll keep digging there!

Tandy.

Ay75776.jpg

Attachments

• Ay75776.jpg
    Ay75776.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 97

Matt in NH

Reaction score
Looks like your having fun in that quarry dump. Those are some nice looking bottles too! I just finished digging a mill dump that had many bottles from the 1890's-1940's. Just because it is not a REAL old dump dosen't mean it can't be fun. Good luck to ya on future digs.

Matty

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75