Disaster

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tony14

Reaction score
I wanted to try and find a new dump to try and dig up with older bottles. I came up to an area behind a whole bunch of ice shanties. As I walked into the woods there I piccked up a pre-1900 perfume with embossing,i dont remember what it said though. Anyways the whole lip was broken off so i tossed it to the side and thought that I finally found a good spot.I continued into the woods down a thin path. I saw a treefort a little ways ahead and as I got closer I saw it. Just below the treefort there was a large rock with shards lying all around it[:(]. I kept looking but never found another thing that was still whole. My guess is the kids who built the treefort destroyed all of the bottles for fun[:mad:].

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey tony, that is a real pisser! But, I would not completely give up on the area. They probably didn't take the time to dig up those bottles they destroyed. Get the detector out and find the dump. Oh, by the way, those tree forts (I understand) sometimes seem to violently fall to the ground and get all smashed up somehow [sm=rolleyes.gif]. Go figure...

Tony14

Reaction score
The treefort would violently fall to the ground if there wasn't a window about 50 feet away in clear sight[;)].
I need to get permission to dig yet. The only thing that the landowner said I could do is check for stuff on the surface. I'm going to give him about a week before I go back and ask.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide