Doctor Pierce Extract of Smart-Weed, olive yellow

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

idigjars

Reaction score
Joel, nice find. It's always nice to find something to put on the shelf. Are you going to sell that yellowish pint Atlas E-Z seal you have in your pic? Shoot me a price. Best regards! Paul [:)]

epgorge

Reaction score
I have been debating it... but would rather find a top for it and keep it. If I sold it I put it out to bid or try to get redbook price for it... It is a really rare and nice color for such a common bottle.

On another note, I do have a multitude of dated lids I am going to put out to auction soon, including an SCA, / Patd Apr. / 10 1900 (just flea bites);
I have an Aug 8 1865 aqua (w chips);
I have a LEADER FRUIT JAR / TRADE MARK
In fact, it would be better for anyone to tell me what they are looking for and I will see if I have it.
Still more, I am looking for the bottle that goes to a Kline Pickle jar which was aqua blue but had amber streaks through it. dated /Oct 27 1863/. It has 'use pin" embossed accross the top. If anyone has a picture of the bottle it came wth I would appreciate seeing it. If I don't find the bottle, I would think about selling the top to someone who has the bottle but not the top.

I am on a drive to get my orphan lids on proper jars. Let me know if anyone needs anything.

Joel

UPDATE: Paul ended up with the yellow jar.

epgorge

Reaction score
here are some of the lids. I also have tons of zinc and tin screw bands some with inserts some without. I also have quite a few glass stoppers in various colors and sizes.

While we are on the subject I have three boxes full of picked through bottles if anyone nearby wants to drive here and pick them up. They are Father Johns, whiskeys, foods such as medford French's mustard, jumbo peanut butter, etc. quite a few generic apothecaries and such. No pontils though, sorry. It
Joel

7ABA877C1D154FF2AF7CFD4C51740C24.jpg

Attachments

• 7ABA877C1D154FF2AF7CFD4C51740C24.jpg
    7ABA877C1D154FF2AF7CFD4C51740C24.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 76

Stardust

Reaction score
RV Pierce M.D.
Are the Dr. Pierce a commom find? It's a family name and would make a nice housewarming gift to the new home.

epgorge

Reaction score
Dr Pierce is about as common bottle as you will find. His prescription medicines can be acquired for a a few bucks, There are a Variety of them out there. I like his oval ones and the smartweeds. Not too much into thier tapered medicines. Those are equally, quite common.

Let me know if you can't find one and I will get you one. Theey are as common as fleas on dogs around here.

Joel

Stardust

Reaction score
Thanks I'll look and if no luck I'll do that. Thanks ~Stardust~

spyder

Reaction score
Stardust; I think I have a Dr pierce around here that you can have (clear glass). Just give me a couple of days to look through some boxes for it. Tom

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2