Does anyone know of a privy in Southern Ontario ?????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lynette

Reaction score
Hi....I'm looking to find/dig a privy in Southern Ontario (within a 1 hour drive to Toronto)....is anyone interested in joining me on this adventure.
This would be my first privy dig and I would need an experienced digger but would love to get this completed before the snow falls....

Let me know....
Thanks and happy digging.

tigue710

Reaction score
sure, take highway 10 to Chatsworth, make a right on Grey Road (rt 40), drive a few miles, make a left on concession road 8. When you get to the intersection of Massie rd park your car on the corner. Walk directly out from the north west corner of the intersection 52 paces with you back to the rising sun. Stop there. Wait 5 minutes then dig. Or go back to your car, get back in it and drive back to Toronto. Find and old area of town, knock on some doors and ask permission to dig.

Sorry I couldnt help myself! Your title is a direct question. I hope someone can help you out, otherwise get a partner and try it out. Its a little tough to get the hang of at first, after a few tries and getting to know your area, (through practice and some historical research), it gets easier. The hardest part is working up the nerve to ask people to dig holes in their yard. Good luck!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I wish it were that easy!
Drive, find,dig[:D]

What T said except for his directions I have a different set in mind [:)]

RCO

Reaction score
i live north of toronto , Muskoka area and don't know of any privy's to dig , its getting harder to even find a dump to dig . which was why i started swimming or diving for bottles , but being in muskoka there is alot of lakes and rivers so i found alot of different locations to find things .

anyways i would start by finding someone who's dug one before and then identify some possible locations . most likely being older parts of cities and towns or old farms . you will also have to get permisson from the landowner to do this and bottles you would find and not likely to be overly valuable as toronto bottles have gone down in price due to all the bottles they found when building condo's along lake ontario .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583