Donald Tucker Book

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

smith382

Reaction score
I've started collecting Saratoga's and have been looking for A Collector's Guide To Saratoga Bottles by Donald Tucker for a while now. Is anybody aware of how to get a copy of this book? I've been searching eBay and the internet for months now, and there are never any for sale. For such a widely used reference, I'm surprised at just how unavailable it is. Someone in our local bottle club (Capital Region Antique Bottles and Insulators - CRAB) told me they are never for sale until it becomes a part of someone's estate. The National Bottle Museum in Ballston Spa has one in their library, but it takes me 40 minutes to get there, I'd rather have a copy on my shelf.

Last edited:

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I've started collecting Saratoga's and have been looking for A Collector's Guide To Saratoga Bottles by Donald Tucker for a while now. Is anybody aware of how to get a copy of this book? I've been searching eBay and the internet for months now, and there are never any for sale. For such a widely used reference, I'm surprised at just how unavailable it is. Someone in our local bottle club (Capital Region Antique Bottles and Insulators) told me they are never for sale until it becomes a part of someone's estate. The National Bottle Museum in Ballston Spa has one in their library, but it takes me 40 minutes to get there, I'd rather have a copy on my shelf.
RARE bird. You're going to have to get lucky on finding one.

smith382

Reaction score
Thanks, I keep hoping one pops up, but it doesn't. I've got Saratogas By Bernhard C. Puckhaber. The National Bottle Museum had a copy of the 1976 edition for sale, since they had multiple copies. I was at a flea market this summer and I saw a copy of the book with a different cover. Turns out it was the 1993 revised copy by Jean Puckhaber. Even this book seems hard to find. Online searches had only one mention in a FOHBC article, where there was a single paragraph saying she had revised her husband's book. For such a widely collected group of bottles, there seems to be a lot of difficulty in getting reference material. Lucky for me, there is a group of experts in my local bottle club who are more than willing to provide information.

Last edited:

north54

Reaction score
I found this post by googling the book as I'd like to sell my copy. Its paperback but its the one you want. Collectors Guide to the Saratoga Type Mineral Water Bottles by Donald Tucker.

Send me a message. @smith382

smith382

Reaction score
I found this post by googling the book as I'd like to sell my copy. Its paperback but its the one you want. Collectors Guide to the Saratoga Type Mineral Water Bottles by Donald Tucker.

Send me a message. @smith382
Thank you for the offer, one was on eBay after many months and I got it. I paid dearly for it, it was over $100 when shipping and taxes were figured in but, at least I now have one. I hope you get a good price for your book.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen