Don't you hate understated damage on the bay?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
If I spent that kind of money on that hutch I would expect it to be near perfect with the only damage being the small flake he mentioned, I would have asked for a partial refund along with letting him know that condition is everything when it comes to bottles...

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
Well, did he responding to your massage?? If he a good seller he will be nice to you & thankful, if he...seller he might be hostile! or maybe simply ignore your massage.

botlguy

Reaction score
I believe you handled and stated it correctly. As the seller I would have offered, with additional damage verification, a return including postage both ways or partial refund. It has happened very rarely but I have overlooked damage and this is what I have done and had done for me.

I have found that being very specific about flaws or damage on eBay effects selling price substatially but that is part of the deal. The same item sold in person would probably be effected less.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks E. I do like the bottle and it is pretty rare. Condition is important, but I don't recall ever seeing one available for sale before. I'm okay with it which is partially why I tried to be so nice. (I generally try to be a decent guy anyway).

Sir. I have not yet heard back - which is a bit disconcerting. I sent the message a few days ago. I'm still hoping for at least a reply. If they offered a small partial refund, I'd be ecstatic.

Thanks Botlguy. I'm fairly confident that the person did not overlook the damage but just wasn't aware of its importance. Not a bottle expert by any means. The nice thing about buying and selling in person is that you can study the bottle yourself (as a buyer) and not simply trust a few far away pics and a description. On the other hand, I've never seen anyone with one of these at local shows. Too rare maybe?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Update. All winds up okay. We both left nice feedback for each other. I do like the bottle and hopefully, he'll be more aware of damage issues in the future.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen