Double handled crown seal jug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Anyone seen this before? What was in it? 7 3/4" tall
PENICK & FORD . LTD
PAT. 90963
Thanks, Glen

Xv65249.jpg

Attachments

• Xv65249.jpg
    Xv65249.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 324

CandyBattles

Reaction score
crown seal
ORIGINAL: Humabdos

Anyone seen this before? What was in it? 7 3/4" tall
PENICK & FORD . LTD
PAT. 90963
Thanks, Glen

Image removed from quote - Admin

Have you had any responses as i have found a bottle exactly like yours under my house.[:)]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Your bottle(s) most likely contained starch. Penick & Ford, now known as Penford, was a large industrial concern located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It was formally the Douglas Corp., and processed corn for its main by product of the time; Starch. The company has quite an interesting history, it was started by a man who later perished on the Titanic. In 1919 the factory, then the largest of its kind in the country, was leveled by a huge explosion that killed 43 people. They rebuilt, and were purchased by Penick & Ford, a Lousiana company, renamed later as Penford Products. Your Bottle dates somewhere between 1920 - 1940s. Hope this helps.

CandyBattles

Reaction score
Thank you for the details, Norm!

CandyBattles

Too Blessed to Be Stressed!

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Humab....

I have one identical to yours I picked up at a flea market. Just caught my eye. Has same embossing on bottom as yours...only mine says.."inc." in center, with "3 - 5"; and "pat." before the number "90963"...

Thanks for posting...I was kinda curious myself what it must have contained...I thought it was some kind of crazy soda pop or something...couldn't figure out why it had to have the handles...thanks for the info people...

The Doc....[X(]

CandyBattles

Reaction score
Between Glen, Dr. J. and myself, that's three of these bottles. I wonder if anyone else has one?

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I dug a dump in the woods across the road last year, and most of the stuff was 1920-30s, there were losts of old lysol, clorox and a few of those double handled jobs.[8D] Although I did find a couple 'keepers' especially marbles. My digging buddy pulled out a 'Betty Boop' bottle[:)] I put the lysols, etc. all in a neat pile and covered them over with leaves and some pine branches for someone else to find in the future

302778kseymour

Reaction score
Penick & Ford double handled Vermont Maid syrup

I am new to bottle collecting and love it o far. I found a bottle a few days ago that is double handled at the nech with a twist top and on the bottom has the label Penick & Ford ltd. Inc. with a symbol that is a hexagon and an uppercase M inside also a number 7. I have resarched this bottle and found it was most likely a Vermont Maid Syrup bottle and made after 2948 due to the andle structur.

I want to knoe what the 7 means and the M symbol

bethanyseeley

Reaction score
RE: Penick & Ford double handled Vermont Maid syrup

I found a partial one last week while on the beach in Warwick, RI. Mine is missing the top of the neck and one of the handles. The bottom has the Hazel Atlas symbol, Patent 90936, and a small character which I believe is a 3 at the bottom. Does anyone have any further info about this one?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC