dr pepper jail bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
does anyone know approx how much these sell for and where i might could find one. i think they are very interesting and depending on cost would like to have one in my collection.
thanks,john

IRISH

Reaction score
G'day bubbas dad,
What exactly IS a Dr Pepper jail bottle ? I've never heard of them before [;)] .

bubbas dad

Reaction score
hi irish
sometimes it is also refered as a dr pepper prison bottle. i have only seen 1. basicaly it is an embossed bottle with embossing that states they will pay for evidence convicting theives for refilling these bottle. i saw one on another web site. i hope it ok to name it. if you want to see one go to the treasuredepot.com site and look for the message titled rare dr pepper jail bottle from privy. one might be out of my range, but i figured it didn't hurt to try.
thanks, john

BARQS19

Reaction score
What you are referring to is a "thief bottle. All the bottles said WE PAY FOR EVIDENCE CONVICTING THIEVES FOR REFILLING OUR BOTTLES. There is only one out of the 6 that actually says dr. pepper on it. Your cheapest ones will be either the Waco TX bottle or the Waco, TX and St. Louis, MO bottle, They usually go for around $100-$150. Every now and then you can scrore on of the bottles that says Dr. Pepper on it in script for less than $200, I got mine for $10 at an antique store.
Robert
barqs19

IRISH

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, sounds interesting, there are some great warnings against pilfering and refilling around but I've never seen that written on a bottle. Are they crown seal bottles ?

bubbas dad

Reaction score
thanks robert for the info. i didn't have any idea what that were going for, but was hoping it would be alittle lower. guess i will keep my eyes open and my fingers crossed.
irish the only one i have seen has a neck on it that would use the steel caps , so i guess that you would call them crown seal caps.
john

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
here's a beer on ebay with a $500 fine/imprisonment for using or destroying the bottle. Not a Dr Pepper though................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6175445166&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229