Dr. Wynkoop's Sarsaparilla killer med

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Those are great bottles, for sure. I dug an "electric blue" one on Old Sac back in the day. At the time, which was the early '70s, it brought the monster sum of $800. It was huge for those early days when bottles were not really bringing much. The only reason that big 'ol jug survived was the deep doo doo fluff it has settled in.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
he sold it to 1890glasscompany in 2007 for around $10,000, and has tried a few times since then to sell it for around 5000-5500./ It is a nice bottle & rare, but who knows how much the crack really affects price. Sometimes a little damage in a rare bottle doesn't seem to hurt too much, and then a small crack like this just seems to kill it., that is why I'm usually scared to buy any damaged stuff unless I know it is something I am going to keep for myself

beendiggin

Reaction score
Sometimes a little damage in a rare bottle doesn't seem to hurt too much, and then a small crack like this just seems to kill it., that is why I'm usually scared to buy any damaged stuff unless I know it is something I am going to keep for myself

That is a real good way of looking at damage. I'm also always leery of damage, even the small defects. You never know how it will affect it. However, if it's mint...it's perfect.

annie44

Reaction score
Somebody posted this on Facebook:

"I purchased this WYNNKOOPS from this seller off of Ebay in 2010 and returned it. The lip crack is much worse than seller indicates- lip is cracked from top to bottom, 7/8″ in length and fully thru the lip. Yes, one can feel it with one’s fingernail. Great bottle, but crack really diminishes it’s value…but seller chooses to downplay significance of this crack. CAVEAT EMPTOR!(look it up if you need to)"

annie44

Reaction score
Not on the main Bottle Collector's group where most discussion takes place - it was on Peachridge Glass page, I think, the page sponsored by the Western Bitters collector - Ferdinand.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen