Druggist Paper Label

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It's rough, but at only $2 it was very good since it's local. Flea-market find. SO many good paper-labels. Even a circa-1900 Pabst bottle that was some sort of medicinal product. 90% of label still on it. Wanted the sauce bottle too. lol.Here is what I can read on it: [font="georgia,palatino"]Pure Olive Oil [/font]
[font="georgia,palatino"]Fred Brundage Wholesale & Retail Druggist Muskegon[/font]
[font="georgia,palatino"]37 & 39 Western Ave.[/font]
[font="georgia,palatino"]Cor. Jefferson[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"] [rest is too dark to read/missing][/font][/font] The local expert putting Brundage at the address of 37 W. Western (Seems redundant to have a West Western Avenue) in 1893 and 1895-1896 (City Directories.) The address of 39 Western not being listed. The 1889 directory is where he began listing himself as wholesale and retail druggist.
Brundage%2BPaper%2BLabel%2B022.JPG
Some original product left. Yum yum.
Brundage%2BPaper%2BLabel%2B021.JPG
Tooled lip. Seam ends about an inch before edge of top. 52 on base. I picked it up with a "Balto" from a neighboring city. Not enough research on it to post it yet. Goes along with my 1880s Brundage bottle.

Nevadabottles

Reaction score
Looks like you found some cool finds, with that bottle and insulator.

hemihampton

Reaction score
How much was the Pabst bottle? Did you get a pic of it? LEON.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
$75 was waaaay too much for me, and no. No camera at the time. 2 labels-- one on each side. Shaped similar to this, but an actual tooled blob and more bulbous:
First%2BTapestry%2B070.JPG
No Fed Law statement, either.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Any day you can find a local labeled pharmacy bottle for two bucks is a good day. Even though they aren't worth much they're one of my favourite things to find due to the local aspect and their rarity - with local paper labels from small companies there's always a good chance that they're unique. One of my favourite bottle show finds is an early labeled pharmacy from the 1870's/80's that I amazingly picked up for under five bucks. (Not that amazing by American standards, but Canadian bottles from that era are much harder to find since we weren't a very populous country back then). PS - I'm 99.9% sure the words you can't make out are MUSKEGON, MICH.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
The local bottle expert, who also has Muskegon's most complete collection of bottles, doesn't seem to have this one, but as I picked up this one he picked up two more of others-- including one no one knew about. LOL. Gonna show your bottle? I'd take any Muskegon bottle with label for under $5. I can make out Muskegon. I cannot make out the rest of Jefferson street.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Ah, I didn't notice the "COR" above Jefferson. Might be able to find out where the second location was through directories. Unless it was at Jefferson and Western. Here's my bottle, a picture of which I submitted to the Ottawa bottle website: http://bouteillesduquebec.ca/bouteilles_ottawa/roberts_j.htm I've got a couple of other labeled druggists from Eastern Ontario, from Kingston and Renfrew and some screw-tops from Almonte, but no one has created pages for bottles from those towns and I'm away from home right now so I don't have a picture. I'm quite surprised to have found a bottle that old from Ottawa; although it was already the capital at that point it was still a very small town (we basically chose our capital and then made it a city, instead of the other way around like most countries).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator