Dug 21 bitters today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beendiggin

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies....I will be on the lookout for another of those eye wash bottles. It was prettty cool to find even though it was broken.

It was weird to keep pulling those same bottles out. Only two or three were broken so they must be tough for their size. The last time that happened to me I dug about 400 insulators.

DK03

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: beendiggin

Has a tooled tapered top.

32F047F1019C468080F404E147DDB0D8.jpg

I have only found one of those whole over the years, but I've found many broken ones. The one hole I was digging a while back produced about 30 broken ones in a variety of colors. It's the only spot I've ever seen an amber one. There were also numerous shades of blue, and even a few that had a little of both amber and cobalt. There is also a smaller size than the one you found, but I've only ever found one of those, and unfortunately it was broken. Anyway, they are pretty cool bottles, and I hope you find one whole.

LC

Reaction score
That blue bottle would have been a nice one . I have always wanted a bottle with that logo on it . Looks like you had the luck with the bitters like Bill did with the Bromos , only he dug quite a bit more of them .

beendiggin

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies...looking forward to spring already so I can get some more digs in. Oh well, research time I guess.

Dugout

Reaction score
It looks like that shelf was just waiting for that greenery.

beendiggin

Reaction score
Bitters to fix a drinking problem or bitters because of one. I wish their eye problems were worse. I would love to get 21 eye bottles. Yeah , dreamin' again...........

Plumbata

Reaction score
Looks like a fun dig, better to find those pretty clean green bitters bottles than a bunch of castorias! I bet there are a few scarce (and intact) items awaiting discovery in that dump, or general area. I can smell them. [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter