Dug My First Privy. Whoo Hoo!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Looks like a fun dig. Any dig in or near Winnemucca is a good one at this day and age. The Sac whiskies are very common and the rectangular one is Louis Taussig & Co. It probably held one of his signature brands, Carroll Rye. Now, get after the older pit, that's where the GOODIES might be.

I used to travel to that area to dig a couple times a year, but haven't done so in 15 years. Great privy pits at Humboldt House.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Rockhounder55

Hey Joe, It's a rather large bottle. It stands almost 11" tall, and I'm guessing it's about a quart. Can that be a flask? I'll try and get some better pics of it. The embossing is L & T Co. We dug 3 of those, so one has your name on it if you're interested. [:)] ~Mike

You bet I'm interested Mike....If you're willing to pass one on to me, I'd love to have one.. It's very possible for it to be a large flask, If I'm reading the shape right. (Whoo Hoo!)[:D]

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

Looks like a fun dig. Any dig in or near Winnemucca is a good one at this day and age. The Sac whiskies are very common and the rectangular one is Louis Taussig & Co. It probably held one of his signature brands, Carroll Rye. Now, get after the older pit, that's where the GOODIES might be.

I used to travel to that area to dig a couple times a year, but haven't done so in 15 years. Great privy pits at Humboldt House.

It looks like you two were correct. It does appear that it is a Louis Taussig & Co. bottle. On the bottom they read: Patented Feb 4th 1902. That might help date our pit. And, Michael, are you referring to the Humboldt House that was a stop on the Central Pacific Railroad? If so, I believe it is on ranch property, though only the foundation remains. [:(] I'll have to find out who owns it. ~Mike

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

Nice digs! I didn't know that sac whiskey came in amber, I have an extra stopper for the crown if you need one.

Two of them had the stoppers in them, Matt, the other didn't. My friend absconded with those. I don't remember which ones had them. I'll ask him if he needs a stopper. Thanks. [:)] ~Mike

Stardust

Reaction score
Did you wash them all up in some bubbly hot water yet?
[8|] Cause we can't wait to see [8D] them all ~
star ~*

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Rockhounder55

Here's the pile getting bigger. [:)] ~Mike

B5904B55A6F34C57AF69194B37585DFE.jpg

I love it when the pile starts growing.[:D]
Congrats on a successful dig.

nailem63

Reaction score
That is a rectangular whiskey from Louis Taussig and Co

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: junkyard jack

Nice dig!
What types of Fruit Jars did you uncover?

Hey Bill, we only got 3 jars. A Mason, an Atmore and Son from Philadelphia, and a badly cracked pickle. [:(] I'll try and get some pics up later in the week. ~Mike

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
Here's the bottles I brought home. Quite a few wines and beers that are probably worthless, but hey, they weren't broken, and they're at least a 100 years old, so I had to bring them home. [:)] Oh, and my 40lbs of broken plates and such. We found a broken chamber pot also, but I don't think we recovered all the pieces. [:(] I'll try and get pics of that later in the week also. ~Mike

3E40967837474F8FB55A221B16070A82.jpg

Attachments

• 3E40967837474F8FB55A221B16070A82.jpg
    3E40967837474F8FB55A221B16070A82.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 49

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member