Dug Today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Went to check out the new dump where the scratch jugs were dug. I only had about an hour or two to spare, but it was still fun. Really DRY and DUSTY!!! Even though it's not the age we really like to dig, there are some interesting items coming out.

This little sample whiskey would have made my day! Too bad about the top. Old Elk Whiskey "Always Pure"

elkone.jpg

Also pulled out a crock.

elkfive.jpg

Got a couple of these Indian River Soda Waters.

elktwo.jpg

Pint sized Atlas Masons Patent.

elkfour.jpg

A little barrel vinegar... Apple Pie Ridge Pure Apple Cider Vinegar.

elkthree.jpg

Left a Boatload of commons. Mostly machine made meds, sodas, slicks, etc. Hope to get into an older section with some better stuff. Seems to be a lot of local stuff in there, so who knows?

Happy Digging!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
At least your finding whole bottles Lex [:D] we been hitting pits but man,lots of busted crap.
Tonight I got a nice green pontiled umbrella ink in a privy.The pits not done we got rained out.But it doesn't look to be loaded.Im happy with my ink,Dig on!

grime5

Reaction score
you can pick up those sodas for me if you dont want them.you know me and my sodas. good luck in your digging. later greg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
elkone.jpg

...hurts to see this....what a great little bottle..!!

logueb

Reaction score
Hey Lex, Looks like my kind of digging. I still haven't hit that older streak in my dump, but I know that it's there. Just love the crock, apple pie vinegar, soda etc. Were those abm meds embossed? Good luck and hope you hit an older streak. Buster.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Yeah Rick, I hear ya! Times are tough out there... but we pay our dues! :)
Greg, I'll save some of the stuff we don't keep for you.
Buster, there were some common meds, foods, cosmetics, etc. I don't usually keep em, but do try to have some dirty in the bucket as give away bottles.
It tore me up to see the top damage on that little old elk. All I can do is keep going and hope there's a good one or two in there somewhere! Seems like all of the good ones have a crack, chip, or a flash??? LOL

beendiggin

Reaction score
NIce finds, sorry to see the busted whiskey....Maybe there's a pile of those whiskeys in there...

lexdigger

Reaction score
I Hope So Paul. I'd like to think there's at least a couple of more in there to pull out. Wanting to dig a nice local jug or crock!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Went back to scratch around a little more last night. Met up with another digger and ended up letting him keep most Everything we dug. I did keep this cool decanter.

dumpfour.jpg

and this little yelloware bowl.

dumpthree.jpg

Too bad about this little ground top vase. Says Fayette County Courthouse. Lexington, Ky.

dumptwo.jpg

Oh well, no Real keepers. Still fun to scratch around a little bit... don't get the chance to that often anymore!

Happy Digging!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey