Dump finds for the summer - Owens Illinois

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MuddyMO

Reaction score
Nothing too interesting here unless you like Owens Illinois...

My dig site, is a steep (near vertical) side of a hill, that runs into a creek. The bottom of the creek is riddled with broken glass, and the dump remains are sandy and rust, riddled with sharp glass and sharp pieces of rusty metal, so it makes it VERY slick to climb and try to dig. I have re-arranged old grape vines all along the area so I can hang and dig, around 15 ft. to 60 ft. up. There is just no other way to dig into the side. A person could start digging in front of them, but the risk of sand and broken glass 10 feet above, may slide down and collide, is apparent. In essence, the most dangerous dig (or 'uncovering', more or like) I've ever done, especially when the stakes are just valued a penny above worthless. But this is what Owens Illinois will do to a person.

So here's a few;

IMG_20070101_065750.jpg

The top row, left to right:
Hund and Eger Bottling Co. St. Joseph, MO (CLEAR: Owens Illinois - 1934, alongside H&E- embossing)
16oz. Clorox (AMBER: Owens Illinois - 1945)
Purex (AMBER: Owens Illinois - 1931, alongside PUREX Des. Pat Applied For)
Lavoris (CLEAR: Lavoris Chemical, Minneapolis)
32oz. Clorox (DARK AMBER: Owens Illinois - 1938)
32oz. Clorox (AMBER: Owens Illinois - 1936)
16oz. Clorox (AMBER: Owens Illinois - 1936
Whistle (Illinois Glass Company - Fulton MO - 1928)

Bottom row Summary;
K TI 23. syringe bottle for medicine
TWO- TONE AMBER Owens Illinois unknown small screw top jar, with indentation in bottom - 1936
7-UP GREEN Owens Illinois with fruit and vines embossing, possibly olive oil bottle - 1938
7UP GREEN Owens Illinois, Hebbeler's` bottle - 1937
Various sized cork top Bromo-Seltzer Emerson Drug Co.
Later date Bromo-Seltzer Emerson Drug Co. The larger one has an upside-down embossing.
Large pleated Milk of Magnesia
Small-No named, Vicks VapoRub
Two later Phillip's Milk of Magnesia

MuddyMO

Reaction score
Wow, sorry that photo is terrible, it would have been better if I just drew them with a crayon.

Erik T

Reaction score
nice finds, the one with the upside down embossing was from a dispenser in a store or bar it was put into the dispenser upside down.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583