E.G. Booz Clevenger repro for over $1,000

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
That's getting surprisingly close to an original Booz bottle's price. The last aqua ones I saw were in the $100-300 range.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-EG-Boozs-cabin-bottle-Very-early-clevenger-/261120237392?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccbfa9f50&nma=true&si=NICL%2FZJZn7abgezO78LgFknNA8k%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

9323ABAE927C4911AA9AB05CB34B015D.jpg

Attachments

• 9323ABAE927C4911AA9AB05CB34B015D.jpg
    9323ABAE927C4911AA9AB05CB34B015D.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 94

jarhead67

Reaction score
I was watching that one early on, only because it was a Clevenger and because I was watching some of his other past flasks go upwards of a mortgage payment. That seller has sold some top shelf stuff and was very tempted to dive into the early flasks with a purchase from him. That would have led to financial ruin on my part as I'm one of those "one's never enough" people. I'm a firm believer that one's status amongst a certain community allows your auction listings to command a higher sale, regardless of any real or perceived market value.

I've noticed that some sellers that sell high quality, rare items, can then throw up some fairly common bottles and the price is equally over the roof. You've seen them, the sellers who's EVERY item has 3 or more bids and just keep on going...... I say this through experience, because I'm also a compulsive buyer, which is even more dangerous than the "one's not enough" defect.

Anyway, that is a very nice looking Booz and I'm guessing the buyer that calculated it's worth, will be happy slipping it in with his originals for a color conversation.

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jarhead67

I was watching that one early on, only because it was a Clevenger and because I was watching some of his other past flasks go upwards of a mortgage payment. That seller has sold some top shelf stuff and was very tempted to dive into the early flasks with a purchase from him. That would have led to financial ruin on my part as I'm one of those "one's never enough" people. I'm a firm believer that one's status amongst a certain community allows your auction listings to command a higher sale, regardless of any real or perceived market value.

I've noticed that some sellers that sell high quality, rare items, can then throw up some fairly common bottles and the price is equally over the roof. You've seen them, the sellers who's EVERY item has 3 or more bids and just keep on going...... I say this through experience, because I'm also a compulsive buyer, which is even more dangerous than the "one's not enough" defect.

Anyway, that is a very nice looking Booz and I'm guessing the buyer that calculated it's worth, will be happy slipping it in with his originals for a color conversation.
Very well said and I agree.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973