Early FREE BLOWN GLASS Any Help??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David E

Reaction score
Hi Lady P Is that stopper hollow. Sometimes also you can guess on crystal because of the weight. If you put crystal under a germcital light it turns a pretty light blue, but it will still never turn color. Looks to me that item on top of stopper is same color as the string on bottle. The oldtimers were good at a marriage between stoper and the bottle grinding as Harry says it made the two tight. I would like to buy that at a 10% dealer and a 5% Senior discount.

ladyp3797

Reaction score
Hi David,

Where would i find that type of light? I have never heard of it, so I am not sure where to look for one? The stopper is indeed hollow, and the little decorative piece on top does match the string. Currently, the decantur isn't for sale. I sell allot of what I call box lot bottles. They would be the bottles that came with the one or two I was interested in, and I couldn't possibly store them all, and they also pay for the ones I keep. [;)]

You are a big help!

LP

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Lady P,
The 'germicidal' light David told you about is another name for a 'black' light,or ultra violet light.Same thing, just different names![;)]

KAT

David E

Reaction score
Lady P you can buy a 25Watt Germacital lamp (its a small and size of florennce) Well people ZAP some bottles I think they are fooling themselves as they are not fooling at least anyone who knows glass, it's like looking at the real thing with a Weaton beside it. With the light you can control how much purple you want in the glass(the more maganese in the glass the sooner and darker it will turn). Some people don't like it, hate it or love it.It is a UV lite as same as the sun emitts UV so don't look at it.
I don't like to look at clear glass, if I want that I can look out my window.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1