ebay blues

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi forum members ,
I would like to ask if anyone else has had this happen to them while selling on ebay .
I listed a bottle the other night and it sold with " Buy it now " in less than 4 hrs. after listing it. Here's the listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6195745034
The buyer asked me how much shipping would be regeistered mail and double boxed . I told him I would check with the Post office the next day and find the exact amount to ship registered mail. I contacted him the next day to tell him ..... And he comes off with he was just contacted by his accountant that says he owes 45,000.00 in taxes (here's exactly what he said "My accountant has made a blunder and the Inland Revenue dep has just sent me a bill for an additional $45000.00 of tax to pay that i havnt allowed for ")....and he wasn't going to be able to complete our transaction.....but he would imburse me for any fees (ebay,double boxing,ect. ) I had aquired from the sale. And if I left him negative feedback he would understand.
I can't seem to get the bottle relisted right away....because you are supposed to wait 7 days before filing a non paying buyer dispute( so you can get an ebay final fee credit). The only way I can seem to be able to relist is to file a " we both are in mutual agreement " not to continue the sale. I DON"T MUTUALLY AGREE with him not paying , unless he really does have a problem.
Has anyone run into this problem before? I'd really like to get it relisted right away ...so I can sell it to someone that will pay for it.
Any thoughts ? Brian

diggerjeff

Reaction score
just relist it. but you will have to start from scratch. dont use the relist this item function. do it as if it is a new item. i have ebay'd for 6 years and have a feedback of over 1000 items, and i have heard every excuse in the book. there a lot of dead beat buyers. and sellers ! just guessing i would say that something goes wrong with about 1 of every 100 sales.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the reply ! I never thought about starting from scratch ...DUH ! It's that ole' CRS kicking in again !
I can sell the bottle in a new auction , and in 7 days file a non paying bidder complaint on the other auction. Appreciated Jeff !!!!! Brian

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I dont know about you but I never file negative feedback for nonpaying bidders. I think it only hurts you as the seller if they reciprocate with a negative. And ebay doesnt really care if people get negative feedback. Filing the non payment complaint and getting your fees back is much more effective. Ebay does take notice of non-paying bidders since they lose money from it. They people will get booted with too many of those complaints.
Just my opinion.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys !
I have filed a non paying bidder report with ebay and will be leaving him negative feedback shortly.
And I think I will list it again and see what happens this time around.
I see the winning bidder has won another auction since mine ended. His tax woes must be over ..... LOL
Brian

pa digger

Reaction score
Hi Brian:

I have had the same line used on one of my auctions. I had listed some very rare 45 rpm records, one being a mint store copy of pink floyd see emily play on the tower lable. The top bidder said he would get out the payment to me right away, he also asked me if i had anything else that was early by this group. I told him that i had all of the tower 45 rpm's and we agreed upon a price on them. well about 2 weeks had gone by on the one that i had listed and still no payment. I sent him a few e mail reminders that payment was due, and with no reply from him. So i sent one last e mail telling him that i would turn him in to e bay for none payment (dead beat bidder) He then responded to that e mail telling me that someone had somehow got his credit card info and that he had to get it taken care of. Me the nice guy that i am fell for this and let him go 3 more weeks with no payment. I sent him more e mails and got no reply from him. So i then went in to e bay to see if he had bid on anything and to my surprise he had bid on alot of other items, some being more money then my item that he had bid on. I also noticed that good feed back was left on both ends of these deals. I then sent him one last e mail telling him that he was full of s--t and that i am going to turn him in as a dead beat bidder. I turned him in and one other person did the same, and that night he was kicked off e bay. Serves this type of person right, the bad thing is that this thing happens all the time, and is a waste of a good sellers time and money. I know that you can put in for a credit of the listing fee etc, but it takes time to do this and you the seller will have to waite till you get the credit back in to the account. but to make a long story short, dead beat bidders suck...... and it hurts the people who really do have a problem being pay pal etc etc. So Brian and any other good e bayers who read this don't fall for story lines from bidders like this. list terms and conditions etc. Just an example "10 days for payment" etc etc. send a nice reminder and if you get no response give a bad feedback and turn them in as a dead beat bidder and don't feel bad about doing it.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
I filed a dead beat bidder on him. But haven't left feedback yet . I relisted the bottle and it sold in about 6 or 7 hours after relisting. I sold it .... but it still was alot of headaches.
Thank you everybody for your input ! Brian

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris