Ebay Pepsi bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Zoom in on the pics of the bottle and you'll see some wear and general scuff marks. The label however doesn't show signs of wear. I'm with celerycola i think the label is later

jblaylock

Reaction score
Here's some photos from the Ayer's guide book.

The book doesn't comment on the label
IMG_20130821_153858.jpg

The comment on this is that the labels did exist on this bottle
IMG_20130821_153922.jpg

ACLbottles

Reaction score
I've been wanting one of those Ayer's Pepsi books for awhile, but I don't know where to get one, so I'm still looking.

jblaylock

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ACLbottles

I've been wanting one of those Ayer's Pepsi books for awhile, but I don't know where to get one, so I'm still looking.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ayers+pepsi

Ka0s

Reaction score
I am no expert but simply looking at originals and repops the labels have a wording difference. Healthful is what I have seen to be real and correct, delightful seems to be on the reproductions. I have 2 with partial labels, silverfish have not been nice red in the labels though the years. The one here at my home does not have any of the second wording remaining the one at my office however has healthful still on the label.

Again I could be wrong but I would be wary of anything that says delightful, not saying they didn't make a label with delightful originally but I am saying I have never seen a partial nor a complete that shows delightful that I would say is real and correct.

If you like I can upload a photo of my other partial label Pepsi tomorrow that shows healthful that one is in my office.

https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/st0rmska0s/pepsilabel.jpeg

mdavidf

Reaction score
Just a reiteration of what others have said...I have a handful of Pepsi guides and, sadly, they all have the same picture with no mention whether the label is ACL or paper on the 1973 Anniversary bottle with the same label. However, the individual who purchased it on eBay is "100%" satisfied...I checked the Seller's feedback ;)

Here's a screenshot from my ebook Pepsi guide.

E9CB398427F145C4B13C7C16EBBBADEB.jpg

P.S. The line "12 oz. Special Bottle" at the top of the image is referring to the bottle above the Anniversary bottle in my book...I should've cropped it out to avoid any potential confusion...sorry.

Attachments

• E9CB398427F145C4B13C7C16EBBBADEB.jpg
    E9CB398427F145C4B13C7C16EBBBADEB.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 77

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward