Embossed medicine dose glasses -- 10 to go!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
I am putting together a collection of embossed medicine dose glass measures, one from each of the 50 states. I have 10 states to go. Anybody have any to offer for sale/trade? I can provide you a list of my traders or go to...

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=199532&ck=

Also, will consider any from GA and dose glasses from anywhere with pictures (logos, monograms, birds, plants, animals, symbols of pharmacy, etc) embossed. Thanks.

I have a couple of bottles to trade... cobalt blue poison with diamond points (has pointy glass stopper with the word 'poison' embossed), also old embossed New Orleans, LA RedSnapper Pepper sauce. Have pictures of both if interested. And book, Hawaiian Bottles of Long Ago, 1971.

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
RE: Embossed medicine dose glasses -- 15 to go!

Example:

Ca82718.jpg

Attachments

• Ca82718.jpg
    Ca82718.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 75

Pontiled

Reaction score

I've been collecting Civil War bottles for many years, but have recently started collecting the medical advertising cups, such as yours shown right above this post. I'm having a ball! Sorry /i don't have anything for trade, but I thought I'd coment on how much fun there is in collecting these.

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score

Pontiled,

Thanks for the note. Dose glasses are fun. Are you collecting dose glasses from a particular state or region of the country? Interesting enough is the fact that I have over 100 dose glasses, but only 2 from Georgia (my home state). I'd like to find more from my state PLUS finish this 50 state collection. Take care.

Tracy

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score

Hi Tracy -

Nice web page on the dose glasses! Also, welcome to the Forum. I collect Maine med bottles and my collection contains 11-12 ME dose glasses so far. They don't show up that often, I'm pretty happy when I find a new one to be sure.

Later - Sam

Pontiled

Reaction score

Tracy, I'm fairly new at collecting them, so I've got a whole lot of areas that one could call specialties, but really, I'll just look for medicines and a few bitters. I am enjoying it though!

KentOhio

Reaction score

I have only one dose glass, Thompson's Phosphate Wild Cherry Chicago. Is it a common one? Anyone have a value for it?

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score

K.O.,

I have that cup, but I don't think that it can be considered a 'true' dose glass as it does not have liquid measurements (tea or tablespoons markings) on it. At one time, I thought that it was a scoop for measuring out penny candy, but now I believe that was used to measure a certain amount of syrup that went into a soda fountain drink...

On thefreedictionary.com they define a phosphate as a carbonated drink with fruit syrup and a little phosphoric acid

These cups seem to be fairly common. My guess at value... $15-20.

BARQS19

Reaction score

Hi do you have any from Mississippi? I've never heard of dose glasses. I did come across a box of eye washer glasses, John Bull or something, don't remember.
Robert
BARQS19

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen