Embossed Milks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deepwoods

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on selling old embossed milks? I've had a few very scarce ones and they still dont bring very much. I know milks generally dont go for as much as other bottles, but I keep hearing these stories about how so-and-so got so much for a milk bottle. Is it just a hit or miss kinda thing?

madpaddla

Reaction score
As with most bottles, most are saying that the market is slagging a bit. Buyers market etc. I think that the market will see a big turn around rather soon. Depends on alot of factors, but sites like this only help better the hobby. So regarding your scarcer milks, it might be time to hold em. They could only go higher if its a buyers market now. Madpaddla

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Do you have any embossed milks from Sayville? Top dollar offers above eBay if you do.

Jim

Reaction score
Hi JD, The best way to sell a rare or scarce milk bottle is to find a family member of the dairy owner. There also may be milk bottle collectors in the area where the bottle came from that may need it. Jim

welddigger

Reaction score
the only milks i buy are the ones from local towns around my area . i don't coolect milks but from talking to other local collectors and the old timers you get an idea of rarity and price.so if i see them at a yard sale or flea market for the right price i buy and sell them right away.some locals bring a couple hundred bucks here in south east pa.

bottlediger

Reaction score
sold a rare milk from the york pa area on ebay a month ago for 225 and it was broken [:-] top sheared right off!

welddigger

Reaction score
hey! bottlediger what was the name of the milk incase i happen to see one i don't want to pass it by. sorry about the late response trying to watch ghost hunters and look at the forum at the same time.

bottlediger

Reaction score
(Stein), you'll never find one from what I was told. I was lucky to dig 2 so far a broken quart and a nice pint

deepwoods

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replys folks. NYC, I'll keep my eyes open. Jim, you're exactly right, I've sold a few that way. Anybody ever seen one from Western N.Y that says Raceway Lodge Toggletown(hamlet that no longer exists).? It was from around Caledonia where the first trout hatchery in the country was started.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4