Etiquette for diggin church dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ronvae

Reaction score
I was once Catholic, and I think you're covered pretty well by simply getting permission. All I would be careful about is anything that looks like it actually was used on the altar, gold or silver plated stuff, and any stuff with actual parishner's names or pictures on it (like wedding, funeral, or school stuff that the person's family might want). I doubt you'll find anything like that, and if you do, just show it to the priest & ask flat out if you can have it or if the church wants to keep it. I really don't think you'll have a problem. Wow, what a site! I don't dig, but I'd start for a dump like that! [:)]

capsoda

Reaction score
Well now Pat, you just come on down and I'll teach you how to dig and get you SHOVEL QUALIFIED. [sm=lol.gif] I can qualify anyone, the Air Force qualified me. [:)]

Mk27455.jpg

Attachments

• Mk27455.jpg
    Mk27455.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 80

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
Lisa, one thing is forbidden at church site, NO SWEARING, no matter how nice the bottle is that you broke haha, so like a good site, have fun

ronvae

Reaction score
Cool patch Warren! But...um...why did the Air Force want you to dig up guns? Are the pilots like squirrels, burying their weapons & then forgetting where?[8D]

cb0023

Reaction score
keep one eye on the hole and one eye on the priests!!

stormysouth

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great replies. Hopefully I find some really neat things. I plan on going tonight. My son promised me a camera lesson hopefully I'll have pictures to post tomorrow. I'll have to take duck tape with me to tape my mouth shut to keep from swearing if I break that once in a lifetime never seen before bottle. There are some steep spots on this hillside so I guess I'd better take a line to tie to a tree. I appreciate the advise on the alter stuff ect... If I come across anything like that i'll put together some kind of a shadow box and donate it to the church and if they don't want it I'll donate it to the Historical Society (of course I'll wait until I have plucked the last glimmering jewel from the ground). Cross your fingers I can get the camera thing right.

stormysouth

Reaction score
cb0023,

Since I'm a girl I think I'm safe. But I'll warn my son & my honey. (Just kidding no disrespect intended)

Lisa

capsoda

Reaction score
Ouch, Thats a good one Lisa. Just have a lot of fun and keep us posted. O and watch out for gargoyles, ghosts and all that other creepy stuff that hangs around old Catholic churches. [sm=lol.gif]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson